Ok, so I am the 3rd party reviewer here - my parents (well travelled seniors) recently returned from spending 2 weeks at the Renaissance Aruba - Marina section. They travelled Feb 19 to March 5 with Air Canada vacations and report the flights were good and arrived at the hotel in a timely fashion. It took a LONG time to check in and being the last ones to get their room assigned lead to their previously arranged room having been given out to other guests. This was rather disappointing as Marisa, one the of the night managers, was an absolute angel and had arranged everything for them. I had spoken with her on the phone and via email to ensure my parents were well taken care of as my father has some mobility issues. It took 3 days to get their unsatisfactory room switched (apparently it was so close to another building/sky walk that they couldn't open their drapes for sunlight and weren't wanting to spend 2 weeks in that room) (this was NOT Marisa's fault - my parents didn't want to trouble her with their complaints as they had felt she had done so much for them already and dealt with the day staff). Room 1505 was much better for their remaining 11 nights.
Many discussions with other hotel guests regarding reviews stating "the hotel was disgusting" were found to reveal this was completely unfounded. My parents found everything to be immaculately clean. They say it is an older hotel, and the bathroom was on the smaller side, but their room was more than adequate and kept extremely clean.
They found the staff at the hotel to be very accomodating. I have to say that the Marriott hotel chain gets top brownie points for the way my enquiries were handled. My father has Celiac disease and has had difficulties on previous vacations getting decent meals. The customer service at Marriott answered my email IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS and I was put in touch with Jose Dominguez, the executive chef of the Renaissance Aruba within 24 HOURS. He assured me he and his staff would take good care of my father. They took his picture when they checked in and it was posted in all the kitchens at the resort. He was quite amused to relay to me 2 instances where the wait staff upon approaching their table said "hey, I recognize you - you are the gluten free guy". Even at the private island, the waitress knew him from the photo and knew what his dietary needs were . Now THAT is what I call customer service! I did not receive rave reviews from my parents about the food, but they report there was lots of it available (they were on the all inclusive plan) and it was good and they were pleased my father's dietary needs were being looked after.
As is usually the case, it seems the resort has a shortage of loungers around the pool which isn't helped by people reserving TWO sets of them sometimes (1 in the shade and 1 in the sun), nor by the apparent trespassing of people not even staying at the hotel coming in to use the facilities! Wow, that takes bravado doesn't it??
My parents found the private island to be nice and relaxing and I think would have visited more had my dad been more mobile (walking is a problem, no wheelchairs for him just a cane).
MARISA CERASUOLO, you ROCK!!! My parents loved you and you truly represented your hotel in the fashion it deserved. And Jose Dominguez, the executive chef and his staff deserve KUDOS for their care of my father's dietary needs.
Their overall rating for the hotel is a 7 out of 10. They found the people of Aruba to be absolutely lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad