As long-time time share owners at the Renaissance Ocean Suites, my family has been enjoying this property for almost 20 years. The location of the resort, close to the airport ($18 taxi ride) and cruise ship pier, makes the location low-key and peaceful...just what you need to relax as opposed to the hustle and bustle of the high rise district which is becoming more and more commercialized each year.
The property is wonderful for families with children, with each room comfortably accommodating 4 people, typically 2 adults in a comfy bedroom and 2 kids on the fold-out couch in the living room. The suites have a small refrigerator and cooktops, so you can take a stroll to the market and get basic supplies. The bathroom areas could use some remodeling as they are showing their age (ceiling tracks and ceramic tiles), as are the fold-out couches. Some new mattresses for them may be in order.
These minor inconveniences can be overlooked as you will basically be using the room for bathing and sleeping as most people will spend all of their time at the pool, by the lagoon, on the private island accessible by launch, or exploring the downtown area. There is free WiFi in the lobby area which attracts a good share of tweens, teens, and adults wanting to stay in touch. There is also WiFi at Papagayos, the restaurant on the private island.
You must try the local restaurants in the area, many of which are accessible by foot. We always go to Plaza Cafe, Que Pasa, Driftwood, el Gaucho, and Yemanja, all of which are in walking distance. Cabs are required for other restaurants such as Madame Janette, Blossoms, Windows on Aruba, and Gianni's, which are some of our other favorites. Seaport Casino is located adjacent to the resort.
In addition to the opportunity to decompress and enjoy beautiful, peaceful scenery, what really keeps us coming back is the great staff at the Ocean Suites. We have formed a bond with the staff, some of whom have been there 20 years or more and are truly dedicated to making your trip special, and offering you great service. Wagner and Nelson, who very capably and professionally supervise the Sole bar area, oversee a wonderful staff of bartenders and waitstaff who are quick to please. Nelson Ruiz, Julio Tromp, Nathalia deFrieitas, Elizabeth Ludenas, Fatima, Rudmar, and Luz are some of the hardest working people we have met, yet are always smiling and upbeat. They truly make our vacations special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelPower, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad