Something good + something bad = 3 star review.
For starters: the Marina Hotel does NOT have beach access. You cannot step outside the hotel and be knee-deep in sparkling blue water within 20 feet.
People are being charitable about saying the bathrooms (and the rooms in general) need updating. Our first bathroom door did not close and the tub stopper was unattached from the drain. For starters. At $300 a night, I'm pretty sure those things should be included.
The front desk tried - really tried - to accommodate a room switch, but weather cancellations and Carnival made getting a different room impossible. When we did switch, our new room was arguably worse - no mattress pad, the shower curtain bar coming off the wall, the door handle coming off.
The good, because there's good: the private island is very nice. No problems getting a boat ride, even during peak hours. The pools at the Ocean Resort have a "lazy river" and a swim-up bar, and there's a (man made) beach head with a breaker, so you can still see fish in the deeper end.
No reliable wifi. Really?
Most of the staff is great. Desk staff, bartenders, many servers. There are truly friendly, hardworking people on the staff. And then there's the poor clueless lady working the adults-only side of the Island. Or the one in the Marina Hotel bar, for whom apparently getting a chicken quesadilla ordered takes 45 minutes.
Wouldn't recommend the Marina Hotel. I didn't see the Ocean Suites, but I can't believe they wouldn't be a significant upgrade over the Marina. If you have to stay Marriott or Renaissance, stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad