My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Marina Hotel for the week of Christmas. Here are my two cents:
PRIVATE ISLAND: The sole reason for booking this hotel. They have their own private island which is truly paradise. Not at all crowded like Palm beach and you have a better chance of finding a chair or shade. There is a side for adults only, so it's nice and quiet. And a side for children. The restaurant on the island is very good and very decent prices for a hotel. One thing is that they know how to cook their meat Aruba. I had their special burger with fries for $11, nice big portion. Bring your snorkeling gear if you have one, lots of fishes and wildlife around including some friendly flamingos. We decided to visit Eagle Beach one day to see the famous Divi trees. After an hour or so we went back to the private island. The private island made it for us.
ROOMS: Being a platinum member, I was upgraded to an ocean view room. Very spacious and clean. Beware of the island or king views, you will be staring mostly at a parking lot. One complaint I have regarding the room is that the bathroom needed some dire attention. The bathtub had yellow stains showing age and the lighting in there is not as good. The paint also needs a touch up. Other than that, nothing much.
FOOD: We didn't really eat at the hotel, except for the Blue bar at the pool a couple of times. I've heard from others guests that the restaurants have good food and service. Specially the steak and chop house. We decided to go to restaurants around the area, there are many within walking distance, specially at the Renaissance Market Place and at a cheaper price than the hotel. Some that I recommend are CiLO and Cuba's Cooking, and for a bit more money you have to try Driftwood Seafood and YeManja Wood Fire Grill. These two were the best. If you are a platinum or gold member, they do not offer breakfast vouchers for the breakfast buffet, which is a BIG let down. They do offer a discount price of $15/person instead of $21/person. We are not big eaters when it comes to breakfast so we had Starbucks which is located in the 1st floor of the hotel. There is also other places around that serve breakfast for $9 for pancakes, eggs, fruit, and meat. Half the price what they charge at the hotel. The hotel also offer an All-Inclusive package if that's your thing.
FACILITIES: In the Marina hotel, there is an adult only pool. It's small but very relaxing and with the BLue Bar nearby, you can order food by the pool. We enjoyed it. For the kids, they have another Renaissance down the street for families called the Ocean Suites. They have a bigger pool there. The lobby is very nice and welcoming. There is actually a mall on the first floor of this resort where the starbucks is located. Lots of luxury brand stores here. There is also a Casion on sight and a movie theater down the street at the Market Place.
All in all, we had a great time and wished we could stay longer. Once again, the private island made this trip for us.
TIP: Regarding the Aruban airport for those of you who are US residents and going to Aruba for the first time. On the way back to the US, make sure you give yourself extra time to catch your flight. You will have to go through US customs before entering the plane instead of when you touchdown in the US. The section of the airport where all the US flights fly from is considered US territory, so you will have to face possibly long lines for passport and luggage check.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Aruba, it's right outside your door. Our location is Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite product. Both with exclusive access to a special discovery hiding just of shores. Renaissance Island, Aruba's only private beaches, a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Otel, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad