Stayed at this property ( family suites due to three in a room) in November 2012 with two girlfriends. We have all travelled extensively through the caribbean but it was our first time to Aruba. This is what we thought of our stay!
Pros: Food and drink selection was varied and delicious
Staff was very friendly and helpful
Private island was unique and offered beauitul scenery and wildlife
Hotel located right downtown and had a mall across the street from us.
Weather was hot and sunny
Great tours to choose from
24 hour casino on property
Cons: No nightlife or disco on resort
Pull out couch was unacceptable for sleeping, asked for rollaway instead.
Did not have the island vibe, being right downtown, felt very "Amercianized ", ie
Starbucks and Dunkin donuts beside the hotel
Most people staying at property were time share owners and were senior citizens
Had to always sign for meals and drinks and carry room key with us at all times
No beach right outside your hotel.
Not sure I would return to this property but had no real complants. Overall we had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad