“lots of fun”

Add it.
Numismatic Museum
Ranked #57 of 82 things to do in Oranjestad
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum's collection of more than 30,000 coins and currencies from around the world date back to 5th century B.C., from the Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire and ancient Chinese dynasties.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went to tour the museum and it was really well organized. I was happy I went and I got a wonderful tour.

2  Thank betagirl67
There are newer reviews for Numismatic Museum

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice way to seean intersting perpective of local history - try to couple it with a trip to the Mint and yo will have an enjoyable time. NO - they do not give out samples!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We thought we would visit this museum since my husband collects coins and paper money. It no longer exists! The building is there, but it is no longer a museum.

3  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We stopped by this museum because I had read about it on trip advisor and thought it might be interesting to see some really old coins from the Roman Empire. We really did enjoy it. The collection here is amazing! I've never been to a coin collection museum before, so this was a first time experience. There was so much to look at here. The WWI and II dollar bills that I didn't know existed were neat. It was really interesting!

3  Thank weluv2laf
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Had an hour to kill and had seen this museum mentioned in our Fodor's guide. Seeing all the different coins (square, triangles, wild designs) was great, but it was made all the more interesting by the museum owner who gave us a personal tour. We learned about Aruba and it's history and experience as a colony. This place has an exhaustive collection of paper currency and coins and the owner has stories to make it all come to life.

2  Thank SanAnselmoJeff