“Disappointed”

Chef's Tables
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

When we arrived the overall ambience we felt was very nice...the hostess and waitress also were very friendly and cordial. The 4 of us ordered apps and entres. My carpaccio app was good...the salads were fair. I ordered the sirloin beef tips and it came with pasta. After a few bites I noticed that the pasta was over cooked on the ends ...hard and the beef wasn't as tender as it should be. my husband pulled out a large hard end of the pasta and ask the waitress to bring it back for the cook to see. She asked us what we wanted to do and we said just return it and obviously not charge us for it $30 ....She brought it to the cook and then came back and said that I have eaten more than half of it and he felt it wasn't that bad... lol....basically calling me a liar. She then asked if we wold like dessert and coffee and we all declined. There was no offer of a discount, a replacement meal NOTHING !! the cook/owner then proceeded to walk out of the kitchen and leer over at us. We asked for the bill and did leave a tip for he rather emabarrassed waitress who apologized over and over. This owner/cook was totally wrong and as far as were concerned pretty much told us to go shove it. Not exactly good business. The food was all very pricey . My husbands tuna steak as under cooked and our friends breaded fish was dry. We heard from some locals that the place has really has come down a few pegs in the last year or so. We totally see why!!! WE will never return!

4  Thank Carabresella

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hostess was nice as well as the server....the location and decor were very nice. My wife and I along with another couple were amazed however by an uncaring cook/owner. All 4 of us ordered appetizers and main entres. My tuna steak was undercooked...another order of fish we ordered was small and dry....the worse was my wifes tenderloin tip with pasta...the beef was chewy and the pasta way undercooked with hard ends. We asked the server to take a peek and she said "oh my" thats not good!!! She brought it into the cook/owner and then came back saying he didnt think it was that bad!!! she asked what my wife wanted to do and she said ....a refund for the dish please...again the sever goes back to the kitchen and then returns saying " you at more than half the dish so NO" my wife didnt eat hardly anything ...in fact maybe 5% of the entire meal. The cook basically called her a liar !!!Then the server asked us if we wanted coffee or dessert...we declined.He didnt offer a credit, a substitute meal, free coffee or dessert ...nothing . He was a rude obnoxious SOB and should be ashamed of himself. WE eat out nightly and price is no object. !!! Time for this guy to close shop. Never will we visit here again and from what we heard after they have lost alot of business. lately. The prices were very high for what you recieved . Stay away from this rip off establishment !!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very quaint. Food is always excellent and service fabulous. Nice variety of entrees. We have eaten there at least 10 times and have never bbe disappointed.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The restaurant is a fully redecorated Dutch house with great food, it has an open kitchen for viewing.
The Grouper with drizzled coconut sauce was outstanding!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We dined at Chef's Table about two years ago and in thinking back, it was an OK meal.
Back in Aruba for two weeks, we decided to try it again.
What a surprise. Like deja vu, we were greeted by Marion and immediately seated.
My wife and I shared a goat cheese salad but we were also curious about their special soup which was a mustard soup, but not curious enough to order it. Marleen our server brought us a sample and it was outstanding. For entrees, we both chose chicken which is unusual for us. We ordered Chicken Boursin and Cordon Blue. Both dished were outstanding. We finished dinner with a grand selection of tapas desserts. Kudos to Chef Sami. A meal we will not forget and...we will be back.