“By far the best food experience I had in Aruba ”

Amuse Sunset Restaurant Aruba
Ranked #18 of 261 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Amuse Sunset Restaurant Aruba...are your taste buds ready for a great culinary dinning experience? At Amuse Sunset Restaurant Aruba you can enjoy a variety of different flavors and pair them with delicate wines....the place for people who love the good life!
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate here 3 nights in a row it was absolutely amazing!!! I would give this place more then 5 stars, my boyfriend is vegan and the chef surprised him with very delicious vegan meals every night! The staff are very wonderful Enrique and Juana were such a delight! Definitely coming back

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed January 13, 2019

The food and service were better then average but portions not quite enough for bigger eaters. crispy basket desert not tasty or worth the 10.50 price tag. Be aware bottled H2O provided is NOT FREE! ($8.50)

Reviewed January 11, 2019

We chose this restaurant due to its location away from the crowds, and it was well worth the drive. Luigi, our young Venezuelan waiter, was older than his years, and was helpful with the wine selections. We chose the 5-course "Chef's Surprise" meal and were pleased with every morsel (including the HOT loaf of bread). From the home-made pastrami on a salad to the pan-seared shrimp caprese (shimp over caprese tomatoes without the cheese) to the roasted duck to the melt-in-your-mouth braised short ribs to the light and creamy orange parfait dessert, the meal was delicious, varied and beautifully presented. Thank you to the Chef for creating a delightful surprise under a calm, warm, moonlit Aruban night.

Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

Finally tried Amuse. It was a very expensive cab ride from Palm beach $70 a lot for just two for dinner. But, dinner was scrumptious. And the atmosphere was lovely. I’ll be back but would prefer to share the cab with more friends or family.

Date of visit: January 2019
PatrickDonk, Owner at Amuse Sunset Restaurant Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Hello good afternoon,

First, I would like to say I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your meal and the atmosphere at Amuse.
I am so sorry however about the cab ride as it should be no more than $25 to arrive at Amuse from Palm Beach.
There is a price for each zone that the taxis drive in and I do know that on Sundays and on Holidays the prices of taxis do go up but my suggestion is to always ask up front the price before entering the taxi.

I really hope to see you again at Amuse!! Thank you for your review!

Kind Regards,

Melissa
Restaurant Manager
Amuse Sunset Restaurant

Reviewed January 10, 2019

We have been enjoying this restaurant since 2010 (was previously located in the Palm Beach area). The restaurant is in a secluded location near the airport. The setting is on the water and the location affords a beautiful view of the sunset. The tables are on a wooden deck and there is a palapala roof. When the sun sets and the lights are on in the water, the fish can be seen swimming and jumping.

The menu is French inspired and offers a nice variety; not overwhelming in choices. There are specialty cocktails, adequate wine selection, seafood, pasta, and meat choices. Amuse offers a very tasty complimentary gazpacho starter and warm crusty bread with garlic butter. Our party of four selected various appetizers (escargot, calamari, truffle pasta, etc.) and some main courses. All our dishes were excellent. The service was relaxed and friendly. Reservations can be made on Open Table and ensures a seat on the rail overlooking the water.

We were graciously offered our first round of cocktails on the house due to an issue which occurred during dining in October. It was highly unexpected but very appreciated. I recommend this restaurant and will certainly return. We look forward to our next visit.