“seafood rest. with german/dutch influence”
Review of The Promenade - CLOSED

The Promenade
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Opening hours:Lunch: 11:00am -3:00pm Monday - FridayDinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Tuesday - SundaySunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pmPromenade Restaurant where our passion is food
Reviewed October 26, 2013

my GF and I tried this establishment because of their 3 course special. She had the schitzel and I had a stuffed fish dish. Starters were salad for her, soup for me.. It is a romantic and quiet little place, with good service. She did not like any of her meal...While I found my meal way over salted. We joke around about it to this day and I doubt we will ever go back. I'm happy to see so may glowing reviews, and I do wish I could add mine, but it was not our expeirence at all.

PromenadeAruba, Owner at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I am really sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Is it possible that you can let me know what day you and your girlfriend were at the Promenade this way I can find out what happened as this is definitely not our standards. Even though you mentioned that you will not be returning to our restaurant I hope that you can give us one more shot. Hope that you keep returning to our beautiful island and as well at the Promenade restaurant.

There are newer reviews for The Promenade

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We saw that The Promenade was offering a September special of 4-courses for $25. It included appetizer, soup, entrée and dessert. We each chose different things and we're pleased. She had escargot, beef soup, pasta with pork "schnitzel" and key lime pie. I had a seafood salad with a couple large shrimp, chicken soup, stuffed grouper and chocolate mousse. With a glass of wine each, the cost was still reasonable...considering the quality and quantity of food. The service was attentive and pleasant. We arrived early without a reservation and were among the first diners. By the end, the restaurant had a goodly crowd. You could pay a lot more in Aruba and be less satisfied. We always intended to visit The Promenade...even when they were located in San Nicolaas. While this was our first visit, it won't be the last! The $$$ indicates 'more formal dining'...but very reasonable cost.

PromenadeAruba, Owner at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time in your vacation to enjoy our four course dinner promotion. Looking forward in seeing you guys next year

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Located across from Eagle Beach, The Promenade is one of our favorite "Home away from home"! We attended 3 times. Our first night we sampled the All-you-can eat Appetizer menu (small portions that sample their extensive menu); The other 2 nights we had the Stuffed Catch of the Day! Excellent! One of the owners has won the Smoked Ribs Cookout in Nashville for 3 years in a row!
The service is fun and first rate. The décor is suberb! All the workers are professional and attentive.

Thank you for your kind words and glad that you enjoyed your dinner several times while in Aruba, now you are part of the family. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed September 13, 2013

we stumbled on this place on day one, a Sunday! Had the stuffed grouper and it was fabulous! We went back later in the week to have the early bird special...also a great meal! Service was outstanding! Great find!

Thank you for coming to the Promenade, we are glad you enjoyed our stuffed grouper. Along with our escargots they are our hottest choices among families and friends visiting us. Hurry back down to Aruba for the great weather and stuffed grouper.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The restaurant was almost full up with tourists and locals. The menu is a combination of Carribean, international and western food. For the Brunch there are almost 50 different dishes to chose from. With cold starters,p pasta sweets and warm dishes. You chose 2 dishes at a time which are brought to you to the table. The Cheese Cake did not taste like cheese cake but something like marshmellows. The Chocolate mousse was OK. All the other dishes were pretty good. Coffee and Tea are included in the price. To drink you get Mimosas.

1  Thank nazir