“Ask for Adolfo!”

The Promenade
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opening hours:Lunch: 11:00am -3:00pm Monday - FridayDinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Tuesday - SundaySunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pmPromenade Restaurant where our passion is food
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted at the door by Adolfo Trump and received excellent service throughout a very delicious meal. Try the marinated onions...nothing like it! Fresh and tasty.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family has been frequenting this restaurant for many years even back when we had to drive for a half hour from our time share at Eagle beach so we know how far down they have fallen. Our favorite was the all you can eat sampler which was once a decent deal but no more. They raised the price and eliminated many of the up scale items. Then there was the slow service as in you can only order 2 items at a time and they are small portions so it doesn't take long to finish them but our server took a long time to return for another order. I could see paying the price if you could help yourself as in a buffet but this system just doesn't work anymore. I didn't go for that choice but my wife did and she was not happy. I decided to try the fish and chips which I have had in the past but this year it was disappointing. The fish was smaller that usual with more breading. The chips were tasteless and the service was not up to standard. With new restaurants opening all the time this place better find a new chef and bring the all you can eat menu back to what it once was or get ready to put a for sale sign on the door.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We enjoyed our first visit so much we had to go back. Excellent service and wonderfully prepared meals make the Promenade well worth the trip.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I come here on a regular basis because I love the 'all you can eat appetizers'.
I really like the concept of the small portions, it gives you the opportunity to eat different things in one evening rather then just 3 courses.
You have carpaccio, escargots, advocado and crabsalade, salads, warm dishes and dessert is included as well. The price is $36 excl. service charge. You order a la carte.
The staff is very kind as well. The atmosphere inside is a little bit old fashioned but cozy and I do like the Arubian art.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a solid choice for the night. Nothing too fancy, though it does seem that by now all the restaurants in aruba are shooting for a 'fine dining' goal (i.e. it seems everyone has a surf and turf option and everyone makes a big deal about not having a reservation...even if the place is empty lol). I had the stuffed grouper with potatoe croquetes and creamed spinach, which was very good. The seafood stuffing was well balanced and tasty. The potatoe croquetes were bland and boring - they tasted like a frozen product from Sam's Club. The creamed spinach was good overall, though it seemed like it was made from frozen spinach. My wife's land and sea was good, though the steak and the shrimp were overcooked. So, nice staff, good food overall, but nothing to write home about. When we left we got a card for a free glass of wine next time, though we are about to leave.