“Amazing view, great ambience, funny waiters & really romantic”
Review of Marandi - CLOSED

Marandi
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marandi is Aruba's Sunset restaurant, one of the islands hidden treasures…Dine in a fabulous ambiance right above the turquoise waters on the “Laguna Pier”, either under a giant palapa hut or with the sky as your rooftop. Enjoy a majestic view of the Laguna Bay no matter where you are seated at Marandi, take in Aruba’s breathtaking sunset, totally surrounded by fishes, and later on the sparkling stars right above you… The sinfully delicious international flavored food, with a touch of the Caribbean combined with our attentive and friendly staff makes your dining experience second to none. You may also take a look into our ‘open’ kitchen, to see for yourself how our Chef and his kitchen crew are preparing the most outstanding dishes.The Marandi crew invites you to come, see and taste for yourself Aruba’s Sunset Restaurant, treat yourself to a not to miss dining experience!
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I was happy that, while in the taxi on the way to the restaurant, the taxi driver informed my family and I that the restaurant is excellent and he had never heard any negative comments about it in the many, many years he has lived on the island.
I was immediately stunned by the view, especially because we arrived just before sunset. The restaurant is situated on a type of pier above the water, so the only view you have in the restaurant is of the water, the sky, and faintly some other piers further away. The whole place had a very tropical feel to it and a very romantic atmosphere (I wasn't surprised there were many couples there). It is a relatively small restaurant, so it fortunately wasn't crowded or noisy and still had plenty of room around each of the tables. The waiters were really friendly and incredibly funny, and diligently explained the menu. They were also always keen to volunteer to take photos of the various couples and families that were dining there.
My sister has nut allergies and had not notified the waiters when she ordered a salad. The salad arrived and had some pinenuts in it, so she swapped dishes with my father so as not to cause any trouble. The waiter noticed this a few minutes later (since he had actually remembered what everyone had ordered despite there being other customers), and asked if we wanted him to replace the salad for her - free of charge. Although we finally refused his offer because my sister was satisfied with the fish, we were amazed by the friendly service.

1  Thank cinnamonchic

Reviewed July 24, 2009

Marandi is a wonderful restaurant. Excellent food, great service, and a spectacular view. Need I say more? Oh yes, I highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 21, 2009

My husband and I had a great meal here; beautiful view, excellent service and great food.

Ambiance: on a delightful deck over the water, under a giant palapa, lit with lovely little lights and perfect for sunset. Romantic.

Food: The sangria was fabulous, we ordered a pitcher and at the end there was so much fruit left we didn't need dessert! My husband had a beef and blue cheese appetizer that he is still raving about. I had the fresh fish (grouper) and it was excellent, very flavourful and fresh (I am a really picky seafood person).

Service: very attentive and warm, not intrusive at all, perfect balance

This was one of our absolutely favourite restaurants in Aruba and we would go back in a second!

1  Thank sunnydaze70
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I celebrated the final night of our honeymoon at Marandi! What a delight. The restaurant is hidden behind the airport (don't let that scare you -- once there, you don't see or hear the planes), right on the water ... literally. After parking, you walk down some steps onto a pier, where the bar is set up under a palupa, and tables are on the pier. We arrived about 20 minutes before sunset, and watched the sun go down as we had drinks and appetizers. We chose two appetizers -- one from the menu and one of the daily specials. Both were excellent. For entrees, we both had delicious seafood entrees. The wind picked up a bit as we were dining, and the wind knocked over my half full glass of wine. The waiter immediately refilled it at no charge. We shared a dessert. The service was attentive, but not intrusive. We were welcome to stay as long as we wanted. I'd recommend a visit to Marandi!

1  Thank Kathykoer
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My husband went to this restaurant in June. It was great. I had the grouper and red snapper dish and my husband had a red snapper with scallops/ shrimp stuffing. Both were fantastic. We loved the food, ( from bread to dessert) and the service. This was THE BEST restaurant that we went to in Aruba.