“Even better than before”
Review of Marandi - CLOSED

Marandi
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marandi is Aruba's Sunset restaurant, one of the islands hidden treasures…Dine in a fabulous ambiance right above the turquoise waters on the “Laguna Pier”, either under a giant palapa hut or with the sky as your rooftop. Enjoy a majestic view of the Laguna Bay no matter where you are seated at Marandi, take in Aruba’s breathtaking sunset, totally surrounded by fishes, and later on the sparkling stars right above you… The sinfully delicious international flavored food, with a touch of the Caribbean combined with our attentive and friendly staff makes your dining experience second to none. You may also take a look into our ‘open’ kitchen, to see for yourself how our Chef and his kitchen crew are preparing the most outstanding dishes.The Marandi crew invites you to come, see and taste for yourself Aruba’s Sunset Restaurant, treat yourself to a not to miss dining experience!
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I learned since our last visit that the chef left and opened "Barefoot," (which, by the way is also wonderful), but we had a marvelous meal at Marandi. Delicious fresh baked bread, goat cheese so fresh you'd swear the goat is in back and some of the best fish I have ever had, prepared expertly in several different ways for each of us. And do not miss the creme brûlée. Service was not only efficient but warm and gracious. Just a terrific experience, not to even mention the fabulous sunset view!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Excellent food from apps to dessert. Great sunset view from dock. Everyone in our group of 19 thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Equally important we thought we had a reservation but I had not confirmed. We arrived and they very quickly accommodated us. Very reasonably priced. We would go back everything time we visit Aruba.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I visited Marandi on our recent trip to Aruba. This was a return visit.

The restaurant continues to have impeccable service with an amazing bay view and sunset. The tarpon playfully jump from the water just beneath your feet.

The bartender makes an excellent banana daiquiri and you could not have a more lovely setting to enjoy it in. The restaurant is fully covered by a massive palapa and you are seated on an equally massive wooden deck jutting out into a bay just behind the airport.

The setting is magical and at dusk it has a lovely inviting glow that makes you feel glad to be in Aruba.

We each had the tataky appetizer and it seemed fresh but not first quality as it seemed to have been on our previous visit. The sauce it was served with was very tasty and overall it was a nice start to the meal - bright and crisp.

I had the Marandi tenderloin as my entree; my wife had the shrimp and pineapple. The tenderloin was cooked to the proper doneness and overall the entire plate of food was small including the accompaniments. The truffle sauce was an excellent complement and was very tasty. The shrimp dish was a little less successful as the shrimp were a tad overdone and the saffron sauce lacked balance and complexity -- it was tasty but very one note.

For dessert my wife had the mousse duo, which was tasty. I had the peanut butter brownie which had an odd texture and lacked any peanut butter flavor whatsoever.

Overall the food was good but not excellent -- what makes this restaurant a "must visit" is the service, ambiance, and view. The waitstaff are outstanding -- attentive, engaging, and kind -- we cannot say enough about their efforts to be hospitable and gracious. The setting is very special and one of a kind for sure, serene and splendid. This would be a great place to share a special occasion with family and friends.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We found this restaurant by accident, as we tried to go to another one that was closed on Mondays. We drove by, saw the sign showing lunch until 4, so we were good to since it was already 3. Upon arrival, it was just my wife and I and another couple from PA that arrived about a minute before us, so finding a seat wasn't an issue. The waitress was very friendly and professional and the food was outstanding. We were concerned about the lack of other customers, but it was actually our good fortune. We chatted with the other couple while taking in the beautiful view of the water, and sipping on a couple of the local beer, Balashi. The catch of the day, Mahi Mahi, was fresh and very tasteful along with the sides. Highly recommend stopping at this hidden gem and enjoying the locals!

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

This week I was with my partner at Marandi's. We decided to go there to try it for the first time. We are locals. I must say that the service was good very attentive but the food was average and a bit overpriced for the portions we got. My partner had the goat cheese with watermelon as appetizer ( strange combo) and the mahi mahi. Which he liked the way it was cooked. I had the carparccio as appetizer and the sirlion. Unfortunately the sirloin was overcooked outside and I had asked for medium. Clearly this was not the case. We had spoken the manager regarding and gave her our personal review already. For at the moment we would try other restaurants before coming back there.

1  Thank ChantyH