“5 star dining in private pier hidden outside downtown”
Review of Marandi - CLOSED

Marandi
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Marandi is Aruba's Sunset restaurant, one of the islands hidden treasures…Dine in a fabulous ambiance right above the turquoise waters on the “Laguna Pier”, either under a giant palapa hut or with the sky as your rooftop. Enjoy a majestic view of the Laguna Bay no matter where you are seated at Marandi, take in Aruba’s breathtaking sunset, totally surrounded by fishes, and later on the sparkling stars right above you… The sinfully delicious international flavored food, with a touch of the Caribbean combined with our attentive and friendly staff makes your dining experience second to none. You may also take a look into our ‘open’ kitchen, to see for yourself how our Chef and his kitchen crew are preparing the most outstanding dishes.The Marandi crew invites you to come, see and taste for yourself Aruba’s Sunset Restaurant, treat yourself to a not to miss dining experience!
Dallas, Texas
“5 star dining in private pier hidden outside downtown”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Follow the signs... when leaving the airport there is a well label set of signs that lead you to Marandi on the water. I was attracted here to watch a sunset and enjoy a nice meal with my family during my sisters last night on the island. The location and sunset were just the start. We ordered cocktails to start that were freshly made, not made of artificial mixed drinks that are overly sweet, each cocktail was made individually and tasted great. For appetizers we had smoked fish, and goat cheese and watermelon... When the food arrived the presentation alone made me feel like a judge on iron chef. The taste was just as impressive. The main courses had variety and local fish to chose from. I had the duck which was delicious, cooked medium-medium well, with puree and bacon crumbles. The dish was satisfying but at the same time presented as a fine dining meal. We all shared desserts which combined island flavors with rich indulgences like the peanut brownie which was more like a heavenly chocolate peanut fudge bar.

Impressed with both atmosphere and food, highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014

Charleston, Illinois
“Delicious food, romantic environment”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Restaurant is quite out of the way but close to the airport. We had time before our flight home so stopped for one last meal (lunch). It was empty at lunch but staff were attentive and food delicious. Restaurant juts out over the water and was quite romantic. Drinks were tasty.

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went here on our last night in Aruba. We were not disappointed. I had duck and it equals the best I have eaten anywhere. I am a duck snob so that says a lot. My wife had the tenderloin and claims it rivals the best steak houses. The restaurant is on the water with great sunset views. I tip my hat, literally, to the staff who helped rescue my hat that fell into the water. The quick acting staff fished it out of the water before it sank. We will return here again I promise.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank OldManBinky
NYC
“One Of Our Favorite Restaurants In Aruba”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Every time we come to Aruba this is a MUST restaurant.The Fish is as fresh as you can get and it's cooked to perfection.Everything on the menu is imaginative and the atmosphere is romantic.Try to get a seat on the water and watch the sun go down and feed the fish.When we come back to Aruba,we will return to this FANTASTIC restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Meatman102
PA18078
“My new favorite restaurant in Aruba!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

There is nothing to criticize about this restaurant. The atmosphere, service and food is exceptional! The most delicious pumpkin soup (I can't wait to have it again this month). Uniquely prepared fish and appetizers! I only wish it wasn't so far from the high rise resorts. An expensive cab ride. Will visit when we have a rental car.

• Visited November 2013