“Very tasty, very good atmosphere, stylish "maritime" design”
Review of Marandi - CLOSED

Marandi
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marandi is Aruba's Sunset restaurant, one of the islands hidden treasures…Dine in a fabulous ambiance right above the turquoise waters on the “Laguna Pier”, either under a giant palapa hut or with the sky as your rooftop. Enjoy a majestic view of the Laguna Bay no matter where you are seated at Marandi, take in Aruba’s breathtaking sunset, totally surrounded by fishes, and later on the sparkling stars right above you… The sinfully delicious international flavored food, with a touch of the Caribbean combined with our attentive and friendly staff makes your dining experience second to none. You may also take a look into our ‘open’ kitchen, to see for yourself how our Chef and his kitchen crew are preparing the most outstanding dishes.The Marandi crew invites you to come, see and taste for yourself Aruba’s Sunset Restaurant, treat yourself to a not to miss dining experience!
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The restaurant has been designed in a kind of "maritime" atmosphere with white furniture on a wooden deck looking out over the see. Nice detail is the white boat at the side of the deck.
The card has a wide choice, of a kind of signature dishes. As we all (4) went for fish, I can only comment on these. But these we're all excellent. Very fresh with delicate tastes.
Good starter/salad choices and excellent deserts.
The wine card is quite extensive with my high quality wines. Support for the choice of wine was lacking.
Overall an excellent choice for a dinner for 2 (romantic), 4 or more.

1  Thank HarmSittard

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We first went to Marandi when they were still at their original location. So we have experienced their food over many years. We truly enjoy their view at their new location, good service, and fresh seafood. However, this year our dinner didn't wow us as much as in previous years. We had the the sword fish special and the grouper. Although it was fresh and well prepared it didn't quiet compare to our past experiences. It was still good, and we will be back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were staying at the Riu Palace (also great food) but wanted to eat in one of the local restaurants. I knew Marandi was a great restaurant since I was interning in Aruba in 2010 and one of my friends was interning at Marandi. As well we had a great spot near the sea. We had the Carpaccio which was great and for mains we had the steak which was cooked on the spot. We would recommend this to everybody who likes fine dining. As well if you like fish they have a lot of choice. It's a little more expensive then most of the restaurants on Aruba, but it's worth it!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

In the past we were 100% happy with food and service but this year opposite experience. I don't know if they didn't have enough wait staff or what. Our waiter was trying to take care of a very large party plus our table of 4 and then a couple others. The large party was dominating all of her time - even having her use all of their 10 cameras to take pictures. I love the way that Aruba restaurants do not hurry you through dinner but this was awkwardly slow and when our meals did come they were lukewarm. I still love the atmosphere and will probably give it another try but there are too many great restaurants in Aruba to be disappointed too many times.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Let me start by saying I am A chef and restaurant owner in New York. My wife and I were on vacation in Aruba for our 25th wedding anniversary. My wife who works for a VERY large travel company did some research and picked Marandi for dinner the night of our anniversary.
The restaurant itself is very beautiful and full of island flair. The view is spectacular, the sunset even more so.
I found out after our meal that the chef was on vacation (good for him) but you never would have known his sous chef and the kitchen did a wonderful job and the food was flawless from start to finish. The staff was gracious and attentive without being overbearing.
Overall it was a great evening and I would recommend Marandi to anyone.

1  Thank Brian F