“Good Steak...but thats it”

El Gaucho Argentine Grill
Ranked #18 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: El Gaucho, is a typical Argentine Steakhouse, famous for serving succulent Steaks grilled the Argentinian way. The decor, ambiance and music is rustic and Argentinian in every way. Leather art on the walls, wooden pillars and barrels,cow hide decor and more. The Restaurant is divided in 7 dinning rooms, each decorated to honor a region of Argentina:Mendoza the wine region, the famous Caminito Way, the Pampas fields.The menu is extensive with many choices of beef, poultry and seafood. The sides are included in the price and so are the fresh garlic bread and the 3 home made sauces to acompany your dinner.With over 38 years, serving the best and the biggest steaks, El Gaucho is the oldest established Restaurant on the Island.
WOBURN, MA
“Good Steak...but thats it”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Went to El aucho Aruba on 5/3/10. I ordered the St.Louis Ribs. My husband ordered a combo Ribs/Steak/Sausage dish. Lets start with my dish - the ribs. Absolutely horrible!! My husband also thought they were the toughest ribs that didnt "fall off the bone" like a good rib should. I ordered a caesar salad to start. Absolutely horrible! A good caesar salad should be eaten at room temperature and the dressing should be properly made with egg. This salad was ice cold, and the dressing was sweet, tasted like it came from a bottle. I also ordered a new side ..."Red Bliss Smashed Pototoes". Horrible!! The were bland & dry. Added lots of salt-n-pepper to them, which helped, but did NOT help with the pasty/dry consistency. Now...my husbands dish...he thought the steak was wonderful, as did I. It melted in our mouths. Wish I got a steak dish. Seems thats all they have going for them. The restaurant itself was pretty hard to find, but thats of no fault of theirs. Aruba doesnt mark all their streets with street signs. The neighborhood was pretty sketchy also. The service was inconsistent at best. When we first sat down, three different people came over to wait on us, First, the water lady, then the bread lady, then our waiter to take our drink order. Once we received our meal, we did not see anyone until we were done. No one checked in to refill drink orders, or to see if we needed anything else half-way through the meal. Would NOT recommend this place...except if your looking for a great steak. I, personlly, would NOT go back.

1 Thank LAURIELLN

• Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Flavorful steak”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I did a return trip to Aruba a couple of weeks ago and this time we wanted to experience the local restaurants. My husband read the reviews on El Gaucho and decided it would be a good place to try and we were not disappointed. You definitely need to take a cab! We did not make reservations, but arrived a little after 6pm and was able to be seated right away. It was a little noisy, but we didn't mind as the atmosphere was warm and inviting. I ordered the petite filet and my husband ordered the 12oz ribeye, they both came with 3 sides and we ordered salads too. Don't let the 3 sides scare you away as they are regular to small sides. The steak was wonderful; had a great flavor and cooked just perfectly for both of us. We thought it was one of the best meals we had that week. We did finish the meal with a chocolate layer cake, which was really good and perfect size to split. We did not have any alcoholic drinks, so our bill ended up at $75 with tip.

1 Thank Shannon1013
Columbus, Ohio
“Poor”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

El Gaucho is incredibly noisey.
Service is not good.
Food is fair, not good.

2 Thank jim72150
Boston
“great restaurant, a must try!”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

So this is where everyone's eating! A group of 4 of us had dinner there on a Monday night, and it was superb - lively atmosphere, attentive & helpful waitstaff. We downed an entire pitcher of Sangria, food was great, and best of all, there were these 2 guitarists walking around singing & serenading us. Imagine a whole roomful of dining patrons singing along to 'Sweet Caroline'! I had the Caribbean seafood combo - (superb) and dh had the rib eye (also excellent). I'm not a huge meat lover, but this place is a must try.

1 Thank BostonTravelbuggie
West Chester, PA
“Great Steaks!!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

This was our fourth trip to Aruba and always looked to try El Gaucho but never made it. A neighbor in our condo resort said we have to go. We took the Arubus to town and walked. We couldn't find it and I asked a local to direct us - glad we found it! I asked for their martini menu - it was like a book - so many choices. I had the Blue Cosmo and it was delicious.Our steaks were excellent. I had the fries, broccoli and sauteed mushrooms as sides - all were very good. I actually had some steak to take home - had the steak and eggs the next morning for breakfast. Way too full for dessert but we did enjoy an irish coffee. We had gone early, around 5:00 on a Tuesday and were seated right away. The restaurant was quickly filling up when we left. I would recommend reservations if you are going later.