“Outstanding Steak and Service”

El Gaucho Argentine Grill
Ranked #18 of 229 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: El Gaucho, is a typical Argentine Steakhouse, famous for serving succulent Steaks grilled the Argentinian way. The decor, ambiance and music is rustic and Argentinian in every way. Leather art on the walls, wooden pillars and barrels,cow hide decor and more. The Restaurant is divided in 7 dinning rooms, each decorated to honor a region of Argentina:Mendoza the wine region, the famous Caminito Way, the Pampas fields.The menu is extensive with many choices of beef, poultry and seafood. The sides are included in the price and so are the fresh garlic bread and the 3 home made sauces to acompany your dinner.With over 38 years, serving the best and the biggest steaks, El Gaucho is the oldest established Restaurant on the Island.
Herndon, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Steak and Service”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

A few years ago, a friend recommended we visit El Gaucho when we visited Aruba. Since our first visit, we have returned every time we go to Aruba. The steaks are always cooked to perfection, service outstanding and there is always a friendly atmosphere. Located in downtown Oranjestad, this is the place to visit if you are looking for a excellent meal.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
“Amazing Food and Ambiance”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was a great meal for myself and my family. The restaurant is located on a very secluded side street off the from main strip in Aruba, but once you are instead it is very well lit and inviting. I had the Rib Eye (8oz) which was delicious. The waitstaff was pleasant and accommodating. There was even a mariache band playing while we ate. Very nice and I will go back again. Be aware though, just like all other restaurants on the island, it is expensive. For a family of 6 (with no alcohol and 3 kids meals ordered) our bill was $200 without tip.

• Visited July 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Very, very overrated”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The best steak on the island we were told, but we were disappointed, the food was ok but we've definitely had better. Where this restaurant really let's itself down though is the service. Our waitress couldn't understand or talk English very well, some of our order was wrong but when it came to explaining to me that the service charge added is for the restaurant not the waiting staff her English was perfect. She asked if we could give more than our $30 tip and stupidly I gave her another 10, resulting in her walking off very angry, $40 was obviously an insult to the wonderful waitress skills. I was stunned. Never again, NUNKA ARUBA!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Carolyn S
Omira B, Owner at El Gaucho Argentine Grill, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting El Gaucho and to comment on your visit. I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal but worst of all, that a waitress has ruined the experience and took advantage of you. The whole staff works very hard to mantain good service standards but as you can see, we have more to do. This waitress was out of line and doesn't deserve your money. In reference to the service charge, it is devided between all employees and it's an extra on top of their salary.
Could you be so kind, to send me more information about your visit: date, name of reservation and table number if you have the receipt. I want to prevent this abuse to continue in my restaurant. Also, I will gladly refund you the tip that you overpaid to this waitress. Once again, my appologies for this terrible inconvinience.
PA
“Wow! Great place for Meat!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I'm not usually a big meat eater (besides chicken), but I was blown away by what I got at El Gaucho on vacation.
The entree I got was called the Argentine Grill, described as: A Special dish from Argentina: consisting of 5 different selected meats: Tenderloin, Argentine Chorizo, Ribs, Pork Loin & Beef Short ribs.
Everything was fantastic. I'm glad I got to try so many things at a very reasonable price. Try the Homestyle Potatoes as a side dish.
What my dining companions got looked good, too, and they enjoyed theirs also, especially the sauce that the Tenderloin Steak was in.
For dessert, go with the Creme Brulee, but they all looked good.
Only downside here is that the neighborhood is a little sketchy. Take a cab or make sure your with someone that knows where they are going. Also, make a reservation well in advance or you won't get in.

• Visited August 2014
Cincinnati, OH
“Cool Vibe, Excellent Food”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is the first place I've tried tenderloin. I really enjoyed my first try at a new cut of steak. We went on a group dinner and enjoyed impeccable service. Everyone enjoyed their food and the atmosphere. They don't accept American Express.

Visited August 2014