“A MUST in Aruba!”

Ranked #19 of 231 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: El Gaucho, is a typical Argentine Steakhouse, famous for serving succulent Steaks grilled the Argentinian way. The decor, ambiance and music is rustic and Argentinian in every way. Leather art on the walls, wooden pillars and barrels,cow hide decor and more. The Restaurant is divided in 7 dinning rooms, each decorated to honor a region of Argentina:Mendoza the wine region, the famous Caminito Way, the Pampas fields.The menu is extensive with many choices of beef, poultry and seafood. The sides are included in the price and so are the fresh garlic bread and the 3 home made sauces to acompany your dinner.With over 38 years, serving the best and the biggest steaks, El Gaucho is the oldest established Restaurant on the Island.
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I will go back to Aruba just for this restaurant! 2 months later and still thinking about my strip steak that was amazing. Best I've ever had. The ambiance is great and my husband and kids (ages 6, 8 and 10) loved it as well.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Every year for 15 years have been going and the steaks get better and better every time. Great food, outstanding service, prices that won't break the bank.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I admit the food was pretty good. My veal chop was very flavorful. And the service was attentive. But I just could not get into the atmosphere. It's cramped. It's loud. And man was it expensive for what we got. I am not opposed to paying for a great dining experience. But El Gaucho should be called El Gougo! Our cabbie laughed when I asked if locals go there... No, just tourists, he said. Just not sure the value is there. Wouldn't go back.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I always enjoy this place been here many times, but its to get too crowded and crazy waiting for a cab to go back to hotel is at least a half hour! and don't feel it is extremely worth it when there are many other places that opened or are opening, I say if you never have been then definitely go but then try the other less crowded places where the steaks are very good also. will prob go back... (Sangria is spicy with like cinnamon dont like it!)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My best friend and I shared a meal as they are large portions... It was very good. The service was excellent and the atmosphere very nice. This is a little pricey but the food is fantastic, if you are not a big eater you can easily share a meal and be very satisfied. They do charge a small fee to do this but you also get an additional side.