“FAMILY OF 9”

El Gaucho Argentine Grill
Ranked #19 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: El Gaucho, is a typical Argentine Steakhouse, famous for serving succulent Steaks grilled the Argentinian way. The decor, ambiance and music is rustic and Argentinian in every way. Leather art on the walls, wooden pillars and barrels,cow hide decor and more. The Restaurant is divided in 7 dinning rooms, each decorated to honor a region of Argentina:Mendoza the wine region, the famous Caminito Way, the Pampas fields.The menu is extensive with many choices of beef, poultry and seafood. The sides are included in the price and so are the fresh garlic bread and the 3 home made sauces to acompany your dinner.With over 38 years, serving the best and the biggest steaks, El Gaucho is the oldest established Restaurant on the Island.
Oakland, New Jersey, United States
“FAMILY OF 9”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have always loved coming here every time I come to Aruba. The exception was this time. I think they have gone the way of quantity of quality. You will still have a good steak here but my family experienced bad service which included giving two of my kids my wife's and my dinners which had very spicy sides and baked potatoes...My wife and I were given the plates with french fries. Go figure. Also, all the steaks were ordered medium. We received the full spectrum of rare to well done and the cuts were nothing special. For the $$$ it should have been much better. Time for El Gaucho to get re-focused. Until then, I won't be going back!

• Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Tenafly, New Jersey
“never again”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Love steak, eat it all the time. In all the years we visited Aruba for some reason we never ate here even though everyone says it is a must. Ate two bites of my steak, the wife's fish was not too tasty either, paid my bill and left. Never again.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mbrumby
Bedford Hills, New York
“Bravo!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Huge portions and steak as tender and tasty as a carnivore could dream of. Hubby and i shared the 28 oz. Porterhouse, son had filet mignon...both done to perfection. Have dessert somewhere else.

Libertyville, Illinois, United States
“Great Aruban favorite”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

One of the restaurants that has survived the ups and downs of the Aruban travel industry. Tucked back a few streets from the police station it may be a little difficult to find, but it is worth the trip. Known for it's Argentinian meats, but also does a great job on fish. Excellent selection on the menu-good salads, choice of 3 sides to go with your entrees and a long dessert menu. Good Sangria too!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Why the hype?”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Reviews here and friends insisted we eat at Gaucho while in Aruba but I don't understand why? The place is in the middle of nowhere, the restaurant is huge and noisy and the food was pretty average? We were seated in a booth in a crowded room with no windows (decorated a bit like a wine cellar to compensate but still felt a little like an overdone diner? We had steaks and their signature mixed grill. It was way too much food and with no way to store it in our hotel we wasted a lot of meat that night (4 of us). Steaks were cooked well but nothing "special"? Consensus was the best thing on the mixed grill was the pork loin so that is saying something when it also included filet, ribs and sausage all of which should have been the most flavorful things on the plate? In all a decent spot but not a "must do" in my book by any stretch.