“Best Steak of my life and I found it in Aruba!”

El Gaucho Argentine Grill
Ranked #18 of 229 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: El Gaucho, is a typical Argentine Steakhouse, famous for serving succulent Steaks grilled the Argentinian way. The decor, ambiance and music is rustic and Argentinian in every way. Leather art on the walls, wooden pillars and barrels,cow hide decor and more. The Restaurant is divided in 7 dinning rooms, each decorated to honor a region of Argentina:Mendoza the wine region, the famous Caminito Way, the Pampas fields.The menu is extensive with many choices of beef, poultry and seafood. The sides are included in the price and so are the fresh garlic bread and the 3 home made sauces to acompany your dinner.With over 38 years, serving the best and the biggest steaks, El Gaucho is the oldest established Restaurant on the Island.
“Best Steak of my life and I found it in Aruba!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to Aruba for our honeymoon the week of June 16th 2013 and one of our first taxi drivers told us we had to go here for great steak and so we did! Plan on making reservations in advance. The food was excellent and I had the one pound gaucho steak and it was the juiciest and tastiest steak that I've ever eaten! The service was great and liked the atmosphere too. Expect to pay $25-50 a person for the entree but it was well worth it for us

• Polish first
VIENNA VA
“Service was quite lacking”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

First time in Aruba and El Gaucho. Seven of us ate there tonight and the food was very good but the service was quite lacking because it was busy and our waiter was missing for long period at a time. He even made a comment before dinner that he was managing many tables but will manage, which he did not. It would have been a more favorable experience if they have a few extra waiters to service the number of tables and patrons as the price of the food and wine was more like an upscale restaurant. We saw some wines in the wine list costing over $800 so we expect a more refined service. Do go to this restaurant for good meat eating experiene but do temper your service expectations.

York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Make sure you visit this restaurant!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I ate at El Gaucho tonight, and it was one of the best meals we have ever had. The Argentinian beef (We shared a sirloin) was tremendous. The side salad was crisp and fresh, and the choice of sides with our meals was varied. We enjoyed a bottle of Argentinian Cabernet Savignon, and it was very pleasant. The meal was topped off by a dessert of fried cheesecake. Sublime! The service was excellent and the waitstaff very friendly. The traveling guitarist/singer was also a nice touch. You must eat at this restaurant! You won't regret it!

Trumbull, Connecticut
“Great steaks”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Best steak ever, with three sides. Nice atmosphere and great service. A little har to find so have your GPS.

Visited June 2013
Peoria, Arizona
“Great Food weird service charge”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had empenadas, tenderloin & fried cheesecake, All the food was very good, especially the fried cheesecake. Our waiter was on the spot and very funny. I was alittle disappointed when I read a sign in the restroom that stated 15% service charge was added to the bill, but only 5% was for the actual wait staff!!!! If I had not seen that sign I would not have known and thought that the entire 15% was for staff(as it should be).

Visited June 2013