“Good Food & Atmosphere”

Cuba's Cookin'
Ranked #24 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban, South American, Central American
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Newly located in the Renaissance Marketplace downtown, Cuba's Cookin' has moved with the times just as when Fidel began his march on Havana in 1959. This is what Havana would have looked & felt like.... and when the live music starts up nightly....this is exactly what you would have heard & seen back then. A moment in history brought out in Cuba's food, mojitos, art, culture and dance. A real authentic dinning experience you will take home forever from your trip to Aruba.
Wilton Manors, Florida
“Good Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

On our first night in Aruba we decided to try Cuba's Cooking for dinner while staying at the Renaissance, so glad we did. The atmosphere at the restaurant is very warm and inviting. While the live musicians played AUTHENTIC Cuban music, it was really hard not to get into the whole Cuban culture. Somehow between sipping on our delicious Mojito's and swaying to the awesome musica, we ordered apps and our dinner. The fried plantain chips were perfectly crispy and served with an awesome garlicky dip, what a preview before our dinner. Shortly after, our dinner's arrived....oh my!! As I am eating, all I can think of is"It doesn't get more authentic then this!!". The food was so flavorful, and soooo delish!! I so recommend this restaurant for real Cuban experience, both for eating and its cultural atmosphere

• Visited April 2014

Chicago, Il.
“Good food and entertainment”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Besides the great food, the singing and music was great. My husband went with my Uncle and Aunt and had a wonderful time. I will go again.

Visited March 2014
“Must be Lucy cooking.. ”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Our family of four dined at Cuba's Cookin during our recent Spring Break trip to Aruba. I must admit that we love Cuban food as we lived in south Florida for 10 plus years so we maybe a tad bit pickier when it comes to this food genre.

The restaurant had music entertainment and we found that enjoyable and enjoyed outdoor seating with the nice Aruban sea breeze . The black bean soup was quite tasty and came with a side of sour cream and was enjoyed by all but the side of black beans was a little different (on the sweet side). The Ropa Vieja was average as was the grilled chicken. The best entre that we ordered was the chicken with mushrooms. The bill for 4 was approximately $130 usd.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Service Didn't Match with the Rest of Aruba”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The option to eat here started off great, with one of the workers aiding us with directions on how to get there and taking our reservations. Things went down hill once we got there. We had about 5 different servers and never knew anyone's name, made it a little difficult to ask questions, or know who to ask the question. One poured our drinks, one took our appetizer order, one took our dinner order, one cashed us out, etc.....

The appetizer was amazing, but the entree's were lukewarm / cold and I had to get my food reheated. Cold rice and warm beans is not a good palette.

They also could not get our drink order correct when asking for a strawberry daiquiri with a hint of pineapple. We got strawberry pina colada instead.

During our dining, our server checked back with us once and never came back until the restaurant closed at 11pm. When it was time to cash out, we were told they did not want to separate our checks because it was too much work. After persistent asking and when we presented 5 different credit cards, they made it an option, and it took about 20 minutes for everyone to cash out. The server informed us that we should have told them at the beginning that we wanted separate checks. Made it our fault. When in the U.S. it is custom for the server to ask us, not the other way around. So that was a little annoying.

My whole dinner and one appetizer, and drink was about $55, which was not worth the money. I would not go back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank vch105
Bogota, Colombia
“Best ceviche”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

It was dinner with friends.
The best ceviche I ever ate!! It was delicious.
My husband ate "lechón asado" (roast pork) also fantastic.
Great live music.
It's a little bit expensive but it worth it.

1 Thank mabsuarezmed