“Happy Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cuba's Cookin'

Cuba's Cookin'
Ranked #24 of 221 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban, South American, Central American
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Newly located in the Renaissance Marketplace downtown, Cuba's Cookin' has moved with the times just as when Fidel began his march on Havana in 1959. This is what Havana would have looked & felt like.... and when the live music starts up nightly....this is exactly what you would have heard & seen back then. A moment in history brought out in Cuba's food, mojitos, art, culture and dance. A real authentic dinning experience you will take home forever from your trip to Aruba.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Happy Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

This restaurant moved just before our last visit - to the Marketplace. Great location across from the theater. Very good food (we love their black beans) and excellent service. I can't fault anything here.

greenville,sc
“Great music,very authentic Cuban,nice seafood too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We sat outside and enjoyed a great Cuban musical duo and Mojitos. The entrees were huge portions and very flavorful with great presentAtion. Fresh Grouper special with a crab cake and grilled shrimp,saffron rice and black beans....the second entree was the Cuban el dorado pork and beef - perfectly braised and seasoned. The server will bring a basket of fried chips and 3 different sauces to try on them....nice touch. The drinks were very weak and watery,and entrees took a while to get there. The setting is nice and set next to the marina and directly on the Market Square .

Nassau, New York
“It was fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Not the best but certainly adequate. We ordered mojitos and the bartender forgot to put sugar in them. Horrible, so we sent them back. Second round was much better. Appetizers of Empanadas (beef, chicken, fish) were good but the crust was a little too thick and they looked, felt and tasted baked instead of fried. Garlic pork bites were very good, so I do recommend them, but ask for a side of lime to sprinkle over. Plantain chips with guacamole were good, but how can they not be? For dinner 3 out of 4 of us had the ribs. They were good, cooked perfectly but the sauce kind of tasted like it was from a bottle. Like I've had it at home before but couldn't place the brand. The 4th had chicken mofungo which he enjoyed. All in all it was good but I wouldn't return. Too many other restaurants worth returning to and new ones to explore. I will say the staff deserves 5 stars, they were attentive,v very friendly and eager to please.

Hartford, Connecticut
“Great food Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Cubas Cookin has a varied menu that should be easy for anyone to choose something they like. the prices are fair and the portions are adequate for most appetites. I was impressed with the fact that when I asked about MSG the staff was very knowledgeable. I spoke with the owner who told me he would be willing to change the chicken broth they make several of the dishes with to remove all MSG from his restaurant. Happily the ribs uses their own recipe and there is no MSG and I was able to eat them. My dish came with rice and beans and plantains, this complemented the ribs perfectly. Because we had a coupon we were able to get two free mohitos which were amazing -- my only recommendation would be if you order them tell them to use only one spoonful of sugar.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Good place to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

One of the best places we have eaten Aruba. The atmosphere is fun, the premium mojitos were very good and the food was as good I had anywhere on the island. The staff seemed to be enjoying being there and the live music was a nice addition. We have been there 2x.

• Visited January 2014