“Nice place to eat !”

Matthew's Beachside Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 229 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: Casual and chic, Matthew's is renowned as one of the best covered open-air beachfront restaurants in Aruba. Upscale Caribbean, International and seafood dishes are prepared using the freshest ingredients.Besides breakfast, lunch, dinner, we offer all you can eat spareribs on Tuesday's, Karaoke night after dinner party on Wednesdays, Italian night on Thursdays and of course our daily happy hours with live music at the bar on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. If you are a sports fan, you'll be happy to know that there are 3 flat screens at the bar that are always showing your favorite sport.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

On the grounds of the Casa del Mar resort. Three of us had lunch yesterday. Nice menu, something for everyone, pricing in line w/ current dining. 2 roast beef paninis and a seafood soup/house salad ... Well prepared, tasty, generous portions. (Watch the hot sauce (side seasoning) for the soup .. will numb your tongue!)

1  Thank Cymru1
There are newer reviews for Matthew's Beachside Restaurant

Reviewed August 3, 2014

So I do not like do not like writing breakfast reviews. Really what can you do to a fried or scrambled egg. Turns out a lot if your promoting the item as part of a special including another cooked item. The last three times we went to Martins including the last Saturday in July they could not deliver all specialty items together. Now we are not talking burnt toast being redone/cooked a second time were talking leaving your eggs/waiting 6-8 additional minutes for the balance of your food and this is clearly becoming the norm at Martins. You know how some breakfast places are known for there homemade hash or super good blueberry pancakes? At Martins there signature item is. Hand cut generous slice of ham shoulder / this they do a good job on. If you don' mind the aggravation of receiving your food in increments by a wait staff that is quick to blame the cook(owner) with diminishing culinary skills than by all means go to Martins or better bet go elsewhere.

1  Thank MichaelPWeymouth
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This was by far one of the best locations to have dinner. While the restaurant is located in a resort, there is public parking right outside. You are literally right on the beach. Amazing sunset views, excellent staff and a great dinner... Overall, a truly excellent experience for all. Will definitely be back here next year. If not twice! .

Loved it!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I make sure to visit Matthew's every year we return to Aruba. We love the Wednesday party, and the all you can eat rib night serves some of the best ribs in Aruba. Atmosphere is very nice, the staff is very attentive.

1  Thank djdoc911
Reviewed July 30, 2014

On a recent trip to Aruba I stopped here with some friends as we were 'hopping' around Island sampling a bunch of spots. I had the crab cakes and truly they were one of the worst menu items I've ever eaten. Admittedly others in my party had other items that they said was good but it wasn't the crab cakes. They were mushy and not at all filled with crab. Truly a bad experience. Waiter did remove item from my bill. Chowder was a little soupy but tasty. Location was nice right off of ocean. I would return again to try other dishes but I'd have to come by myself. Wife is not going back.

1  Thank Glen H