“great lunch spot”

Matthew's Beachside Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 233 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Casual and chic, Matthew's is renowned as one of the best covered open-air beachfront restaurants in Aruba. Upscale Caribbean, International and seafood dishes are prepared using the freshest ingredients.Besides breakfast, lunch, dinner, we offer all you can eat spareribs on Tuesday's, Karaoke night after dinner party on Wednesdays, Italian night on Thursdays and of course our daily happy hours with live music at the bar on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. If you are a sports fan, you'll be happy to know that there are 3 flat screens at the bar that are always showing your favorite sport.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

When I go to the Caribbean I am looking for local seafood to eat. For some reason their is a lot of jerked chicken and ribs and some seafood that might not pass as what it is suppose to be and I was not to successful in finding a lot of really good local seafood in Aruba. I found Matthew's Beachside Restraurant for lunch early in my vacation and ordered the Carribean Seafood Soup. Awesome, really good, so good I went back three more times just to get the soup. The restaurant is located beside Divi Resort and is right on the beach with happy hour several times a day and the staff is very nice and the service is great and they take a credit card. The view is what you are looking for, go there and get the Carribean Seafood Soup and the Ship's Mate Sandwich and your favorite drink and enjoy.

1  Thank Bob S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We went here for breakfast. Everyone thought the eggs and omelets were excellent. The price was very reasonable for Aruba and location on the beach is great. Had a side of pancakes which I would pass on next time.

1  Thank GoGiantsfan11
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our last day in Aruba found our cupboards bare so we walked to Matthew's for breakfast. My husband got oatmeal and enjoyed it while I got 2 pancakes which were very good. I had ordered them with strawberries but the waitress came out and said they didn't have strawberries. So I asked for the blueberries instead. They were not very good, just defrosted and shriveled up. I liked that you got a carafe of coffee. We enjoyed the seating right on the beach.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had breakfast and lunch here several times while staying at Aruba Beach Club next door. Great breakfast and lunch, and wonderful, friendly service. The rare ahi tuna salad was terrific.

1  Thank Edh54
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Went here two years in a row for all the ribs you can eat. Both occasions ribs were excellent and there was absolutely no need for a second helping! It is a fine establishment for families with small children and a great spot to see the sunset on the beach from your table. Hostess was the best getting us a table on a crowded evening and our wait staff was also very accommodating.