“Matthew's - A nice outdoor restaurant right on the beach.”

Matthew's Beachside Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 238 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: Casual and chic, Matthew's is renowned as one of the best covered open-air beachfront restaurants in Aruba. Upscale Caribbean, International and seafood dishes are prepared using the freshest ingredients.Besides breakfast, lunch, dinner, we offer all you can eat spareribs on Tuesday's, Karaoke night after dinner party on Wednesdays, Italian night on Thursdays and of course our daily happy hours with live music at the bar on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. If you are a sports fan, you'll be happy to know that there are 3 flat screens at the bar that are always showing your favorite sport.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Matthew's is a restaurant at Casa del Mar / Aruba Beach Club, in the low rise hotel area. The location and view are great. Many tables have a view of the Caribbean, across the beach, and sunsets are beautiful. I'm giving it a 5 for the views, the decor, the good food and the OK service. We've been coming here many times over the years, and we keep coming back. There's nothing like sitting in the open air, listening to the waves break on the shore, and enjoying a nice meal experience. Enjoyed the grouper with melted gouda cheese (an Aruba-Dutch touch). Pina Colada Shrimp is an excellent dinner choice as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,743)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch - just in time for happy hour at 4pm. Happy hour is 2 for 1 drinks. Had the B.L.A.T sandwich which was very tasty on a nice sour dough bread. My husband opted for the Matthew's chicken sandwich. Both came with the Matthew's mayo - a spiced up mayo but not spicy. Loved the Matthew's mayo. Great spot to stop in for a quick bite to eat - located at the Casa del Mar resort right next to Bucuti & Tara.

1  Thank haras690
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We went to Matthew's because we were staying closeby and it had been recommended. We were seated right away and drinks were served. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was nice but the food was only okay. I had grouper and my husband had a chicken dish; neither was extraordinary. We much preferred Elliots and even Pizza Bob's, both walking distance from Matthews.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Since I always stay in the hotels nearby I often go to Matthews. I was impressed at how the quality of food has improved since last year. Unfortunately the value has not.
The steak was excellent, the best I've had in Aruba years. Cooked as if the chef has read my mind. But either it was much smaller than the advertized 9oz, or I simply chomped it down too quickly.
Giving it 4 stars b/c the drinks I've ordered were too watered down, to the point that they felt like alcohol-free fruity blends.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

First, we were searching and searching for someplace to eat. Finally opted for Matthew's because we were there and hungry. Seated immediately at noon on a Saturday at the edge of the beach, just inside the restaurant. Our server was very nice - but had about the poorest command of English of anyone we've come in contact with in a tourist establishment. She did try and it worked. One of us had the Incredible Mediterranean Seafood Soup - it was so outstanding and full of scrimp, scallops, oysters and other seafood - and when I say full I mean full - and the flavors were outstanding. The other wanted the fish sandwich but was told don't (in hindsight should have as others we spoke to enjoyed it) and opted for an OK sandwich - nothing great, but a nice flavorful sauce to add. Check out was easy. Yes, service charge was automatically added. For the seafood soup we will be back for lunch - this time both of us will get it. FYI - for dinner with the sun setting across the beach it would be incredible!