“Ate here twice during our stay in Aruba”

Matthew's Beachside Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 225 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Description: Casual and chic, Matthew's is renowned as one of the best covered open-air beachfront restaurants in Aruba. Upscale Caribbean, International and seafood dishes are prepared using the freshest ingredients.Besides breakfast, lunch, dinner, we offer all you can eat spareribs on Tuesday's, Karaoke night after dinner party on Wednesdays, Italian night on Thursdays and of course our daily happy hours with live music at the bar on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. If you are a sports fan, you'll be happy to know that there are 3 flat screens at the bar that are always showing your favorite sport.
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Ate here twice during our stay in Aruba”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ate here our first night on the island based on the reviews seen here. Food was great. My husband had the tuna steak and my daughters and I had the chicken parmesean. Everything was delicious and the service was great as well. We also had the caprice salad as an appetizer. We sat inside but it was just like being outside because it was open air seating.

We returned on our second-last night. Husband had grilled meat skewer that had sausage, steak, chicken, etc. He enjoyed it. I had chicken parm again (creature of habit). Wasn't as tender as the first night but it was still good. One of my daughters had the chicken cordon blue which she liked. My other daughter had the pizza which she didn't like at all. She didn't care for the crust/dough. We brought it back to hotel with us but nobody ate it.

Overall - I would highly recommend this restaurant. Good food, great view, easy to find, great service.

1 Thank J M

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Matthews was a GREAT place for our Rehearsal Dinner!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had our Rehearsal Dinner at Matthews and it was such an amazing night. We had our party on the outside terrace with about 75 people and it was the perfect set up for open bar and passed appetizers with tall cocktail tables and some regular tables too. Many people took to the beach at one point in the evening, which was steps away and took gorgeous pictures right on the water with the sun setting in the background. The drinks were flowing and the passed appetizers were great as well. There was no glass left empty and the staff along with the Supervisor that night Giannina, help make that night truly special for us and our close family and friends. This all would not have been possible without the Event Manager Catalina who I had been talking to via email for months planning this and she was so nice, helpful and accommodating. She's Great! Overall, Matthews was a great place and we would like to definitely go back there for dinner and drinks on the beach next time we are in Aruba. Great people, great drink/food and a great view. If you stay long enough too, like we did, there is this awesome Karaoke on Wednesday nights and we all danced the night away. I highly recommend Matthews for a nice dinner or a fun event. We truly enjoyed ourselves!! :)

1 Thank Maria P
Enfield, Connecticut
“Evening under the open air”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We went here for one of our dinners and were very pleased with the food, the service, and the ambiance. Like so many other places in Aruba, it is dining in the open air, next to the beach. Would recommend this to any one and I would certainly visit Matthew's Beachside again!

1 Thank theretiredprofesor
NJ
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We decided to go based on a recommendation from 2 years ago. Service was poor, most of our party of 9 were not pleased with their meal. View was obscured by the overhang. The place was empty and I can see why. The prices are the same as much better restaurants. The following day I was reading the participating hotels list for Visit Aruba Discount card, which provides a 10% discount. I called and told them I have the card which is dated 2 days prior to the day i dined there. They said they cannot honor because they closed the check. Agian, i can see why they were empty. See my other Aruba reviews - Flying Fishbone, Simply Fish, Casa Tua, and Moomba Bar.

3 Thank jjcalto
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Value, Good Service”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Enjoyed our Dinner and Breakfast at Matthew;s.. Service was the best on the island. Food good and good value. Great views. If your staying at the mancebo resort and did not do all inculsive this is the place to eat..

1 Thank das4862