“Decent food. Beautiful view.”

Matthew's Beachside Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 225 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Description: Casual and chic, Matthew's is renowned as one of the best covered open-air beachfront restaurants in Aruba. Upscale Caribbean, International and seafood dishes are prepared using the freshest ingredients.Besides breakfast, lunch, dinner, we offer all you can eat spareribs on Tuesday's, Karaoke night after dinner party on Wednesdays, Italian night on Thursdays and of course our daily happy hours with live music at the bar on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. If you are a sports fan, you'll be happy to know that there are 3 flat screens at the bar that are always showing your favorite sport.
Philadelphia
“Decent food. Beautiful view.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The restaurant sits right off the beach and near the pool area of Casa Del Mar. The wait staff, especially Angel, was very attentive and at the right moments. That's important to me. Check on us, but don't annoy us every 5 minutes either. If Angel is working that night ask to be seated at his table. Nice man. I had the Chicken Kabob. It was huge to me, but I'm a small portion eatter so.....I took it back to my hotel and ate on it another 2 days. The chicken looked dry, BUT IT WASN'T. It was seasoned well, cooked well and delicious. It came with a small side of mash potatoes. They were really good also. My friend had Ricky's grandmother's tomato soup as a appetizer, but I can't remember what entree was chosen that night. It was about $6-$7 overpriced for the entrees, but the view of the ocean and to hear the waves crashing on rocks is priceless so I'm giving it a 3 out of 4 stars!

Connecticut
“A Destination Venue.”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Usually, a restaurant behind a resort or timeshare resort, does the bulk of its business from guests of the resort. Matthew's however, has become a destination restaurant that happens to be located on the beach behind Casa del Mar.
With Tuesday night All-you-can-eat rib night and Wednesday Kareoke coupled with live music happy hours and all sorts of specials, locals and visitors flock to Matthew's regularly.
The food is good, prices are fair, service is excellent and now, there is great seating on the rear deck.
We never miss Rib-Night, our particular favorite but have a tough time fitting in seconds. Large and delicious portions and the smell of the ribs cooking is an instant hunger trigger!
Hats off to the management of Matthew's for turning the restaurant into a top-ten must-do venue!

1 Thank dogwriter
Randallstown, Maryland
“Just average food & astronomical prices :-(”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I could not wait to get home to rate this establishment. in fact I can see it everytime I leave my hotel and the anger just returns. I can't take away from the atmosphere its cool. The food was just ok teetering on the unacceptable line. The service was good and the drinks were the weakest ever... lol & I dont drink but hey im on vacation... they had the weakest Rum Punch & Yellow Birds... ugh!! We should have gotten sodas instead

I got the soup which people raved about was nothing more than campbells veggie soup broth with some seafood dropped in it. It had no consistancy & was watery. The Calamari and the 3 not so spicy "SPICYshrimp" (they were huge) were again just ok. I hated the mainara sauce for the calamari...

My husband got the 3 meat combo... I looked at that plate and almost missed the meat for a $25 dish you would just expect ummm more than a smidgen of meat... I guess we were not paying attention but when we got that $114.oo bill we almost passed out... that is Ruth Chris $$... It is not worth the money I would have rather went to Pizza Bobs across the street before you catch me eating in there EVER AGAIN!!! Oh Yeah we had to fight off LARGE iguana, birds and flies... it was pretty awful

Commack New York
“Very Enjoyable food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My family of 5 had appetizers and dinner at Matthews. The food was delicious although the portions could have been a little bigger. This restaurant sits right on the beach and you hear the sound of the waves while enjoying your meal with the glow of the tiki torches. The prices could have been a little more moderate, but for a special dinner, this was a great choice.

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Fantastic, all around!”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Best breakfast and dinner we had on our vacation, and we actually drove out of the way to go here four times! Breathtaking ocean front, wonderful service, but the food was the best! And it was pretty affordable. We anxiously await our next visit to Aruba, I'm sure we will go here for a few more amazing meals.

• Visited May 2011