“Perfect for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner”

Matthew's Beachside Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 225 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Description: Casual and chic, Matthew's is renowned as one of the best covered open-air beachfront restaurants in Aruba. Upscale Caribbean, International and seafood dishes are prepared using the freshest ingredients.Besides breakfast, lunch, dinner, we offer all you can eat spareribs on Tuesday's, Karaoke night after dinner party on Wednesdays, Italian night on Thursdays and of course our daily happy hours with live music at the bar on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. If you are a sports fan, you'll be happy to know that there are 3 flat screens at the bar that are always showing your favorite sport.
New York
“Perfect for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

This casual restaurant offers beachside dining with really good quality food and service. We were staying about a mile away, but the convenient bus service made this an easy stop for us. Dinner was very good both the meat and the fish exceeded our expectations. After having such a good dinner we returned again for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank RKC_10

columbus
“Wonderful spot for lunch”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My husband, son, and I needed to kill some time before heading to the airport for our 4:30 flight home from Aruba. We happened by Matthew's at the Casa del Mar beach resort for lunch totally on a whim. It made for a nice ending to our weeklong vacation. The setting is gorgeous and beachfront. We had the nicest waiter who told us about their lunchtime happy hour special (2 for 1 drinks) and then needed no prompting to get us our second drinks. We told him he was the best waiter we had had all week long in Aruba. Our food -- all sandwiches --- was terrific. We will go back there for dinner when we return to Aruba next year.

• Visited April 2011
Brunswick, New York
“Eh-well not so good”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We went and sat right next to the beach and were completely ignored along with another couple and their 2 small children. As soon as we moved cloer to the waitstaff we were waited on. So weird! It was not that good for breakfast and I didnt have any interest in returning back here. The setting is very beautiful I will say

• Visited March 2011
Connecticut
“Delicious Food and A Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

During our recent trip to Aruba we had dinner at Matthew's as we do each year. We watched a lovely sunset and walked there on the beach from our timeshare at Costa Linda. We had some friends come to Aruba as our guests and wanted a restaurant close by. We were greeted and seated at a beautiful table overlooking the beach. All six of us had excellent dinners ranging from Argentinian steak to various fish dishes, the service was attentive, the drinks were good and most importantly we were not rushed at all. We lingered and enjoyed desert too! I would highly recommend Matthew's, you will not be disappointed. It is in a perfect location in the low rise area, furnished beautifully and their chef is incredible. Our guests loved it so much we went back and had lunch before our flight back home !!! A beautiful way to say goodbye to Aruba, until next year.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank SandyArubaCT
Missouri
“Would not return!”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We ate at Matthews on our recent trip to Aruba and were disappointed! We went on rib night, and the ribs were ok, nothing to write home about. The sides were less than average. I ordered the grouper. The sauce it came with was very spicy, when I told the waiter that the spice was too spicy for me, and why it didn't mention that it was spicy in the description, he said it did mention it. I couldn't believe I missed that when I looked at the menu, because I always avoid spicy food. I checked the menu, and "spicy" was NOT mentioned in the description. I mentioned this to the host, and he said "sorry." Most places would have been more accomodating than this, and done something to correct it. There are many more wonderful places than Matthews, we will NOT go back to Matthews on our next trip.

Visited February 2011