“Overrated”

Windows on Aruba Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Windows on Aruba Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 240 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the best cuisine in Aruba, cooked to perfection and artfully presented by our master chef, Matt Boland. "I think of my kitchen as an orchestra, where I am the conductor and my staff are the musicians. I guide and work alongside my musicians creating perfect harmony. The philosophy behind my menu is focused on freshness. The healthy aspect of our food comes from the ingredients we choose, which are fresh, local and nutritious. We then prepare these ingredients with unique spices and cooking techniques from all over the world. We present these dishes as a work of art to match Windows on Aruba’s beautiful surroundings. The pleasure of our cuisine is shown in the dining experience we provide; our guests leave feeling completely satisfied with all their senses stimulated." Matt Boland
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Unfortunately three out of the four of us ordered the Grouper which was way over-salted and generally not well prepared. The sea bass, though originally frozen, was okay but one would expect that for the price.
What was most surprising was when we expressed our displeasure with the Grouper, nothing was done, other than asking if we were ready for dessert. No manager, no compensation or apology of any kind, just the check which we regretfully fully paid and left. What a mistake coming here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have dined here for the third year in a row--and all three times have been truly outstanding. The view is outstanding, the food and service is first rate--try the dessert sampler. We'll be back again on our next aruba visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our third visit to Windows on Aruba. As soon as we walked in we recognized Sonja and she made us feel right at home. When we said we were celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary we were treated to a champagne toast. Sonja took our pictures. As always, the food was amazing. The service was excellent. Not only is the food delicious but the presentation is wonderful. My husband went back and complimented the chef on the amazing meal. Sonja brought us out a complimentary desert along with a plate that said Happy Anniversary with 44 written in chocolate. Eating at Windows on Aruba is never disappointing. We would recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the best food on the island along with amazing attention to detail by the wonderful staff.

1  Thank Carole P
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited this place yesterday. The service was perfect. Food was quiet good. The most beautiful is panoramic view. Unfortunately we were after the sunset but sure it is wonderful. And the place value for money.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

A week long celebration of my 60th birthday, we ended our week on our last night at this fabulous restaurant.
The hostess seated us and asked if we were celebating anything, and we said it was my birthday. She returned shortly with a card and complimentary champagne. What a nice touch!
I ordered the tenderloin which was absolutely delicious,my husband had grouper and shrimp over linquini.
We share a dessert after our waitress brought me a sinfully delicious chocolate cake on a engraved Happy Birthday dish with candles. What a wonderdul way to end a fabulous week in such a romantic setting over looking the golf course. A must when you visit Aruba. We will definately return in August. This was our third visit to this restaurant and I know there will be many more.