1,299 results
All reviews afternoon tea evening meal lovely view restaurant staff steam room sports bar food was lovely couldn't do enough christmas day birthday treat wedding reception wedding venue following morning sunday lunch a lovely stay overnight stay chicken
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

Was looking forward to an amazing day at a beautiful wedding but as impressed as I was by the views the rest wasn’t great.
Tired bedrooms door handles not working missing locks but the worst was the food. The main course was dry and over cooked wasn’t even sure what the meat was. The trio of desserts was awful something pink that looked like spray cream and a chocolate brownie that no one on my table could cut into.
However, it got much worse when the “evening food” was put out, all three dishes, one a coleslaw soaked in mayo and new potatoes again smothered with mayo. Then the lid came off the meat dish. Tiny dry circles of pork with tiny round circles of stuffing served with a massive bread roll that if you were given three portions of the pork it wouldn’t have filled the bun........no apple sauce.
A lot of money paid for really less than average food.
There is no point having lovely views and surroundings when you have to sit down and be served what we were served.
Sort it out. I’ve had a lot of people saying they had similar experiences at golf dinners especially.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Ndavis_12
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

We attended an evening reception at our friends wedding recently (May 2019)
We had a double room which was dreadful. Small. Scaffolding outside the window with a view of the back of the hotel including vents!
Overgrown plants right up to the window. Bedroom furniture chipped, the only bedroom lighting was 2 bedside lamps. The pillows on the bed were flat and uncomfortable.
The breakfast was good, the young staff were lovely.
I feel we were overcharged for the room we had. We asked if we could be moved on arrival but the answer was no. Won’t be staying here again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank julie1961js
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We attended a friends wedding which was fantastic but the room considering the cost was extremely poor. Stained ceiling, cracked sink, scaffolding outside window, worse accommodation I’ve ever stayed in.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

I visited this facility 5 times in the last years
It is fine but, considering the rate, something more could have been expected
Room ok, but recently some walls of the bathroom were run over and damaged
Restaurant to be improved
Personnel warm and professional

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Gabryzio82
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

Had a fab time room had an amazing view
My partner did the golf course and I went to the spa and swimming pool we went to the club house in the nite the food in there was reasonable
Safe in room hairdryer tea coffee facities and a few toiletries
Breakfast was lovely help your self to toast ceriel juices then pick which cooked breakfast you want I will come back

Date of stay: April 2019