Yes I can see why its classed as 4 star...lovely views, nice spa, golf course, lovely reception area, big rooms (a little on the tired side maybe)....but the food in the evening was pretty disappointing.
Room... large room, lovely view, sofa bed, wardrobe, huge bed, deep bath, little balcony over the golf course, but dont ask for one of these rooms if you plan a sleep in as a little chap scoots around the course on this mower type thing at 6am making the grass look pretty. Toilettries and large bath towel. Tea/coffee, biscuit, there is a fridge you can use (not filled), hairdryer and safety deposit box.
I had an evening meal, meant to be chicken with lemon and garlic, well not quite sure how they came about that description as it was just chicken. It came with chips and a tomato....no veg no salad, you had to pay extra for that. So I was a little disappointed with that.
Breakfast...nicely cooked although it took an age to get a cup of tea, service was lacking, not what you would expect in a 4 star hotel to be honest.
On the whole nice stay, lovely views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a unique luxurious four star golf and spa resort set in over 100 acres of meadowland and hidden amongst the breath taking valleys of south east Wales. Bryn Meadows is one of the leading destinations for spa breaks and golf breaks in Wales, comprising of 42 contemporary, yet classically styled en-suite rooms most with balconies overlooking the beautiful surrounding countryside, extensive leisure & spa facilities and a championship parkland golf course.Only 10 minutes away from J32 of the M4 and just 25 minutes from Cardiff, one of Europe’s most lively and cosmopolitan cities, Bryn Meadows is perfectly located to all the major attractions of the city, yet is far enough away for those searching for a relaxing retreat. For those wishing to explore the local area, the town of Caerphilly is just 10 minutes away, steeped in history with its own impressive hilltop Castle. Just 30 minutes away, the incredible Brecon Beacons renowned for its beautiful and diverse landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryn Meadows Golf Hotel Maesycwmmer
- Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel And Spa
- Bryn Meadows Hotel
- Bryn Meadows Boutique Hotel