“I'll be back :D”

Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maesycwmmer
Reviewed April 24, 2013

What a lovely hotel, from entering to leaving. The staff here are a credit to the place. Pleasent, polite and very helpful. Especially to name a few, Kirsty that checked us in, was the funniest receptionist. What a great character to have. Jess that served us for breakfast was nice too. And your housekeeping staff, nothing was too much trouble. Had the pleasure of chat about the hotel facilties while my room was being serviced, the young girl was lovely (I didnt get her name, she was blonde). Our room was spacious, lovely and clean. Bed is soooo comfy and the nicest shower ever, while watching TV haha! Food wasnt to my liking but im a very fussy eater, my partner loved it. He loved the challange of the golf course too. Didnt get chance to use the spa but ill be back in the summer for a spa break. Thank you for such an enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LovingLife626
Simon D, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and the kind words about our team. I am extremely lucky to have such fantastic staff and it makes my job a pleasure! They all love getting reviews and thanks for taking the time. Come back to try the Spa soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Bryn Meadows hotel again. The service was great, the restaurant interesting, and the bar environment was buzzing. I returned to stay at Bryn Meadows because I really enjoyed the Spa. The facilities in the spa are excellent.

Room Tip: Go for the better rooms and get a double balcony with wonderful views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Simon D, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Went here for a one night stay and spa day with group of friends. Had a fab time. We had a meal in the bar area in the evening after we arrived. Pool was open until 8pm so had a swim first. Bed was so comfortable I slept ALL night, which is very rare for me. Breakfast was delightful with plenty of choice available. Then went to spa area and relaxation room prior to treatments was so lovely could have happily stayed there longer! had a full body massage treatment while friends had variety of treatments which they all enjoyed. Not one disappointed customer amongst us. Rest of the day spent in the pool area. Loved the pool as it was a decent size for swimming in. I have found that many times a spa venue has a tiny pool but not here. Jacuzzi was great, along with the steam room and sauna and vapour room, where we all relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. Then had a lovely lunch together and many of the group stayed until 5pm enjoying the facilities. Every one of us enjoyed and are planning our next girls trip. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms - at the front - have a view over the golf course which is stunning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lanymor

Thanks for your very kind review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently had the rasul spa treatment which was lovely, the staff were really good and explained what needed to be done. The treatment was lush and relaxing.
We even had some lunch in Bryn Meadows, the food was very tasty and good value for money and the staff extremelly helpful and friendly.
Def worth a visit and a return trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon D, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your review of your visit to our Spa. All the team are delighted that you enjoyed it. Check out our website for sppecial offers.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went for the chocolate spa day with a friend not so long ago. Staff were extremely friendly and explained everything perfectly. we had the rasul treatment, which was very relaxing and smelt amazing! after spending most of the day relaxing by the pool, we had afternoon tea which was lovely and very tasty- everything was taken care of, and we had a very enjoyable and relaxing day! lovely hotel, that i will definitly visit again :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. Come back soon

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Room was tiny, more box like with a tiny bath. The service in the bar was extremely slow, you wait around for bar staff to appear. Evening meal arrived cold. We ordered breakfast to be delivered between 9.30am and 9.45am, it arrived at 10.15am with no apology and they tried to charge us a tray charge! Over my dead body am i paying for that! Checked my bank statement a couple of days later and they had charged me twice for the stay! Not accectable at all. Over all i would never ever stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JJ21072016

I am so very sorry that we got it wrong! If you feel in the future that you wish to return, please contact me personally at the hotel so that i can look after your booking.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I decided to book a one night spa break to celebrate our anniversary. After trawling the internet (for hours!!) we chose Bryn Meadows having read a few reviews and seen the facilities. We arrived early and went straight for the spa/treatments. We were not disappointed. The staff were superb and the spa itself was very clean, well presented and relaxing. It was everything we had imagined....all the right facilities (Aromatherapy room, Sauna, Steam room, Hydro pool - loved this!, Jacuzzi - lovely and warm). It was also very quiet, never more than 5 of us, including my wife and myself in the pool at any one time - bliss.
The treatments were also perfect, the massage was excellent but the real treat was the Rasul mud treatment......if you decide to book and stay, then the Rasul is a must, I won't spoil the surprise...it's amazing.
We (eventually) booked into our room, it was clean and a good size with a lovely view of the golf course. However we had booked a double bed only to discover that it was in fact 2 large singles next to each other. This led to an interrupted nights sleep as I found myself gravitating towards the join of the 2 beds, rather uncomfortable.
The following morning we went for breakfast, wow, it was lovely. Really well presented and tasted great. You must have the lava bread!
All in all a great stay and we thoroughly enjoyed, however, if I was staying another night I would have complained about the beds and demanded a double.
p.s. if you are planning a stay then make sure you have a meal at the Viceroy Indian Restaurant in Ystrad Mynach (5 min away)...the best curry we have ever tasted, and we have tasted a few!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 858paulg858

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive review of your recent stay. I hope you are able to return to us soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maesycwmmer
The Parkway Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Caerphilly Hotel
New House Country Hotel
New House Country Hotel
#2 of 74 in Cardiff

Been to Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!