“Visable cockroaches” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trappas Bar & Restaurant

Trappas Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Visable cockroaches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I think the title of the review says it all. Cockroaches in the dining area (who knows how many in the kitchen). The bathroom had no running water and you were supposed to use hand sanitizer instead. I am a pretty hearty traveler but this place creeped me out. We left before ordering.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Ericka B

• Turkish first
Block Island, Rhode Island
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped by this popular Antigua spot for dinner. The waitstaff was not particularly friendly unlike most people we have met here. I ordered the pumpkin and ginger soup which, when asked, the waitress said was very good. It arrived nice and hot but was incredibly salty. The shrimp entree to follow was better though nothing outstanding. Judging from the reviews I have read, I think we probably just hit an "off night." It is obviously a very popular dining spot.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cindy B
Warrington, United Kingdom
“So good....yes you guessed it, we went back twice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went for my boyfriends birthday. Both of our meals were fantastic but I had food envy so we went back two days later....on my birthday!!! I ended up having what he'd had - West Indian curry. Mmmmm delicious.

Typical Caribbean decor. Just loved it. So romantic and special to us. Definitely worth a visit

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tix83
Doncaster
“fantastic family night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

we had a night at Trappas whilst holidaying in Antigua. Food was great atmosphere and staff helpful - a lovely night with family in friends and very reasonably priced.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Doncastrian
London
“So good we went back twice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Continuing the trend of changing our opinion of west indies cooking we went back twice to Trappas. Very acceptable prices, friendly service and excellent meals.

Visited October 2013