“Good but poor communication”

Springhill Riding Club
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Good but poor communication”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We pre booked this trip before we travelled to Antigua because I wanted to check that it would be suitable for my two young children. I had a few quick very friendly responses so I booked for the first Tuesday of our holiday. We arranged a taxi as it was 40 minutes away from our hotel. When we arrived I was told that my youngest was too young to go on the trek which I had pre booked. The lady I had emailed was not there. I was very Disappointed as that is why I had emailed in the first place. They did take us for a short ride. Down to the sea and the children had a little swim on horseback which was great. The children thought it was great. If I had known before hand that it would be only for such a short ride then I wouldn't have travelled 40 minutes each way, an expensive short ride.
I just wish I was told before we travelled that they were too young.

Visited August 2014
7 Thank JoanneB692

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience!!! Take me back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Thank you Suzan and Kent for an amazing experience at the riding school. We were a bit nervous specially my wife but Suzan has deep knowledge of horses and knows what she is doing. She calmed all our nerves and assured us that everything will be fine. Horses are all well looked after. Suzan has just started to manage this riding school again as it was poorly managed before she took over. Swim in the sea with horses is one of the best adventures I have ever had. Hope this riding school is promoted rightly as it's a must do in Antigua.
Too good.....Best wishes
Sach and hetal

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Sachin S
El Paso, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“OMG one of the best things I ever done!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I loved this activity and I am sure I am going to do this every time I go back to Antigua. I rode in a really good horse. My horse walked into the ocean and then once we were off the reef he swam quite a way out. I never had a problem with him trying to buck me off. It was such a good experience. we even saw a sting grey swimming right next to us. it was worth every penny. one of the best things I have ever done.

Visited June 2013
6 Thank Mimi2177
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Lyn and Nicola made a great effort to fit us in for a ride on our last day in Antigua and we couldn't be happier. The horses, Gandalf and Joy, are part Clydesdales, sure-footed and gentle, and we rode through mango trees and palms on entertaining trails to a beach for a trot and a wade chest deep. It went so well that I think we will take some more riding lessons to prepare us for a longer ride to Rendezvous Bay next time. Many thanks to Springhill Stables for a great birthday present for my wife, despite the sore muscles the next day!

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Nathan D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome swim on horseback”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

It was lovely to see such well looked after horses and ride confidently into the sea for a swim. It was a dream come true.

Visited April 2014