“Great Diving with Tony”
Review of Dockyard Divers

Dockyard Divers
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in English Harbour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Dockyard Divers, Antigua.One of the greatest pleasures in life is to go diving. To move in that extra dimension and enjoy the colour and adventure of this other world is something everyone should experience. And of course diving in the warmth of the Caribbean waters is an added bonus. If you haven’t yet got hooked, one great way to see if its for you is to try a beginners or resort course. First a basic, easy to understand lesson, followed by equipment check out in shallow water, and your first dive! After this experience most decide to take a certification course.
Calgary
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Diving with Tony”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We dove with Tony several times during our recent vacation in Antigua and it was a wonderful experience. With over 12,000 dives you couldn't be in better hands. Tony will take you to dive sites that match your experience and comfort level. We did most of our dives at Pillars of Hercules and the abundance of marine life exceeded our expectations. As I hadn't been on a dive for awhile, Tony was also very helpful in reminding on some techniques, in particular, proper breathing to conserve air.

If you want a fancy boat (often with too many people on it), brand new equipment and so on, don't choose this operation. If you want an experienced, knowledgeable and friendly dive master, then Tony is your man. He takes no more than 4 people on his boat and every time we went it was just Tony and the two of us.

Tony, it was a pleasure to meet you sir and we hope to be back to dive with you.

Mark Jennings

Visited March 2014

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I have been very lucky during my life to have met some amazing people. Today I added another one to the list Tony Fincham a legend!! We wanted to try diving, my husband had done it before but my young children and I had not. What I hadn't told Tony was that I don't like getting my face wet in the shower.... Anyway off we went, kit all sorted which given my tiny children was a bit of a challenge and involved a visit to global HQ which was an adventure in itself. I am still amazed that Tony got me under the water but he did. I actually managed to swim along the bottom and look at the wreck. Now I'm sure many people would think what we did was rather unexciting but for us it was truly an adventure. And what is even better is that next time I think we will be brave enough to try something more. I have to say I was absolutely petrified when I got into the water but Tony was so calm and with no pressure at all got me to dive. Thank you Tony. We will be back next year. If you will have us. P xx

Visited February 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Old Man & The Sea”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Tony Fincham, the old man in the sea, was our dive master for a couple of dives on January 4, 2014. This was his 40th anniversary at living in Antigua. Well known fella and knowledgeable about the dives. I shot some video a placed on Youtube. Search for SCUBA Antigua. Shot w/Gro-pro3x w/o filter so lacks vibrancy but good video. Another video as well listed as either dive 1 or dive 2. Tony shows up in the videos filming as well.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank James D
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best. Dive. Ever!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

What a treat to have found Tony at Dockyard Divers through Trip Advisor and to be coming back to write a glowing review of our experience with him! We went diving with Tony twice, once for a “refresher” course and again for a 2 tank dive. He picked us up both times outside our hotel in Nelson’s Dockyard and took us out on his little boat to our dive locations. He was exceptionally knowledgeable and made us feel very safe. This was my first open water dive, but Tony was so awesome that I never once felt nervous or uncomfortable in any way. But… all that is not really why I’m writing….

My (now) fiancé worked with Tony to coordinate a super special underwater scuba proposal! Tony was so awesome and patient through the whole thing and helped my fiancé come up with the perfect plan for the day. Tony filmed it for us and took pictures and I feel SO LUCKY that we found him to help us make perfect memories of the day!

We made a video of our trip (including the underwater proposal and much of the awesome video Tony captured during our dives together! It’s posted in my TripAdvisor profile and we’re happy to share it with you because we loved our vacation in Antigua SO MUCH.

Thank you Tony!

-Thomas and Lindsey

Visited December 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Friendly service but...”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you are use to having going on a nice dive boat with good rental equipment, you are out of luck. If you are in need of someone to hold your hand and baby you during your dive, you are out of luck.

If you are okay with a no frills diving experience but you want a knowlegable guide, Dockyard Divers is a good choice.

Visited January 2014