“always good this little place”
Review of Rum Baba

Rum Baba
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
English Harbour Town, Saint Paul, Antigua
“always good this little place”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great food and ambience at reasonable prices. Shame no credit cards, and need to book ahead in season. Super cheap lunches.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Richard W

Yateley, UK
“Call first and reserve, well worth it!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I had seen a couple of negative reviews on this place. All I can say is my experience was the opposite. This tiny eatery gave my wife and me a fantastic meal AND experience.

There is no where to hide away faults, as the chef cooks everything in the main area. No shouting. No "Ramsay-style" swearing. Just great food delivered in a relaxed but friendly way.

My wife skipped the starter, but I really wanted to try the Sashimi Wahoo and Tuna. And was glad I did too. Fantastic! And the little touches of a few toasted Cumin seeds finished it off completely.

For mains/entree my wife had the Lobster and Seafood Linguini and I had the Seared Tuna and Rice. The linguini was wonderful. Lots of lobster, a fair few prawns, some mussels and some clams - in a tasty tomato sauce with spaghetti.

My tuna was flavoured with Bay Seasoning (or similar) and cooked kind of medium rare. The rice was fantastic! Full of veggie flavour and cooked to perfection.

We weren't going to have a dessert, but the coconut and chocolate tart with raspberries sounded too good to miss ... And it was!

A few beers and a glass of wine and this fabulous meal was still only 245 EC dollars - about £30 each.

We are here for another week and a half and, even though there are many other places to try, we will be back!

Petworth, United Kingdom
“Small and bustling, great food”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a fantastic dinner spot. Great service and quality, well presented food. It is very popular, so book ahead!

Visited May 2013
Andover, United Kingdom
“I would not bother.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had not booked a table, but were offered a table downstairs. Close to the road, but not a problem - however that was it - we waited nearly an hour before anybody came and took our order. Then when eventually we placed an order, it took for ever to come. Even by caribbean standard this was slow! Food was ok - but would not return.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank MM1909
United Kingdom
“All fab.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Enjoyed another fantastic meal at Rum Baba last night. This is a little gem in the heart of English Harbour.

Serg the chef is a wonderful cook, he manages to produce outstanding food in a tiny space right in the middle of the restaurant, it is fun to watch him and his excellent helper working in harmony in such a small space.

Allleria the hostess is charming, she runs a great restaurant with some excellent helpers. Nothing is too much trouble, it is great to watch the girls garnish the food with care and attention.

The dinner menu is small about 6 starters and 6 mains on a blackboard but they are all fresh and home prepared. The dishes change daily according to what's available.

You do need to book, it's very popular with locals who often book a week in advance, don't expect to just turn up and if you do you may be asked to sit on a bar stool and look out over the mega yachts in the harbour. We are happy to sit on bar stools just to enjoy the food.

We will without doubt be back many more times. thank you Serg and Alleria

• Visited April 2013