“Fresh food in Intimate setting”
Review of Rum Baba

Rum Baba
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Rum Baba, a newer addition to the Antigua eating scene, is quickly becoming our local favorite. The food is fresh, you literally watch your meal being made, and the flavors and spices used make the food come alive. Serge and Eliaria (?) are the type of hosts/owners that make a restaurant special. The menu is very limited, but there is often a bit of everything, chicken/meat/seafood. There is not much of a wine list, but what they have is usually good and goes well with your food.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We love, love, love the freshness and originality of the menu at 'Rum Baba', rather like it's owner's Ilaria and Serge! We first visited for lunch when they were opening last year and couldn't wait to return. We have recommended it to friends, family and rental clients alike as the 'not to be missed' local restaurant within walking distance to our villa 'Zandoli' and have made it our number one choice for evening dining or lunchtime whenever we are staying in Antigua. It's been a great place to make a rendezvous with local friends for a relaxed lunch and noticed that they also have many 'regulars' then picking up freshly cooked take away meals. We cannot wait to return ourselves for more wonderful meals when we are staying in Antigua.

1  Thank googoostick
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Loved everything about this restaurant! From the minute we walked through the door, Elaria was friendly and welcoming, chatting to us about our stay like we were long lost friends. The restaurant is small but cosy and intimate and I loved the fact that you could see Serge and his assistant preparing the food right in front of you. They all seemed to work together so effortlessly as a team; relaxed, calm, friendly and professional at all times. Elaria talked us through the menu with passion, enthusiasm and attention to detail. The chalkboard menus are small but perfect- I could have eaten anything on the list and found it really difficult to make a decision- but can highly recommend the smoked marlin carpaccio and the seared cajun tuna. Dining with friends I got to taste all of the things that we ordered; all were beautifully presented with fresh, tasty ingredients cooked simply to show off their flavours. Wine was beautifully chilled, reasonably priced and from a thoughtfully selected list. Compared to other places in the area, the value for money at this restaurant is amazing. Taking everything into account, I can honestly say that this is one of the best meals out that I have ever had. My only regret is that we did not go more than twice during our two week stay! Back home and we are still talking about this amazing find. I can't wait to return when I am next in Antigua. Thanks for an amazing, memorable meal Elaria, Serge and team: we will be back!

1  Thank MissR23
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I say this because I am amazed it doesnt have more reviews!
After researching TripAdvisor to find some new places to eat in Enlgish Harbour,
I found the review for Rum Babas and it was just the type of place my friends and
I were looking for... we went one night in our first week and loved it so much we
made it our 'last night of the holiday' place to eat too!
The host is a lovely italian lady called Ilaria who makes you feel so welcome, and Serge is her husband who is hands on in the kitchen with a local chef too...
you can sit at your table and watch these guys
in action making your food there and then with such style and grace!
For starters, I had tuna spring rolls which were fresh tuna, rolled in coriander and flaky pastry - delicious! Followed by fresh wahoo fish, filleted and in a lovely sauce, with a nice side order of rice and ratatoille....nice wine to accompany the meal and even a cheeky dessert which was pear tart with chocolate sauce....this place really is good, and for good prices too, then you just sit on the balcony and take it all in...we'll definetely be back there as soon as we can...
Thanks to Ilaria for making our dining experience extra special :)

1  Thank HoveLinz
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very laid back, with open-air seating in the shade, for a light lunch, offering excellent value for money and a simple, but effective menu of Italian/French style cuisine. With a breeze blowing through and a glass of chilled white, what more could you want on a hot day?

1  Thank Alan B