“Antigua's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rum Baba

Rum Baba
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
hove
“Antigua's best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I say this because I am amazed it doesnt have more reviews!
After researching TripAdvisor to find some new places to eat in Enlgish Harbour,
I found the review for Rum Babas and it was just the type of place my friends and
I were looking for... we went one night in our first week and loved it so much we
made it our 'last night of the holiday' place to eat too!
The host is a lovely italian lady called Ilaria who makes you feel so welcome, and Serge is her husband who is hands on in the kitchen with a local chef too...
you can sit at your table and watch these guys
in action making your food there and then with such style and grace!
For starters, I had tuna spring rolls which were fresh tuna, rolled in coriander and flaky pastry - delicious! Followed by fresh wahoo fish, filleted and in a lovely sauce, with a nice side order of rice and ratatoille....nice wine to accompany the meal and even a cheeky dessert which was pear tart with chocolate sauce....this place really is good, and for good prices too, then you just sit on the balcony and take it all in...we'll definetely be back there as soon as we can...
Thanks to Ilaria for making our dining experience extra special :)

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank HoveLinz

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Open Air Lunch with a Mediterranean Flair”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very laid back, with open-air seating in the shade, for a light lunch, offering excellent value for money and a simple, but effective menu of Italian/French style cuisine. With a breeze blowing through and a glass of chilled white, what more could you want on a hot day?

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Alan B
Tahiti
“The perfect parfait to finish off a really superb meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Very small and intimate place, friendly and warm hosts, it feels more like you are having dinner on a friends terrace rather than being hustled and bustled.

The wine list is small but good value and has a nice mix of grapes and growers. It was served at the right temperature, and the water was fine. San Pelligrano I think.

We started with the Mahi-Mahi cerviche, which was small and delicately presented. Really lovely starter with the right balance of zip and texture.

My wife had a seafood risotto - fantastic, great risott, not too much and just the right balance of seafood too. Really a great dish and one to go back again to enjoy. My lamb was well cooked and had a great flavour but with a little too much on top of it. Just my preference, but overall a very good dish.

Desert - the parfait was just divine. Not too large, the right temperature and just a fantastic dish. Well done. We should have ordered one each, but it's something to look forward to going back for again.

We finished with expressos, again, very good and in the right sized cups.

A very enjoyable evening, hands down the best value for a great dinner in a friendly small location. We will be talking about the parfait for some time yet.

• Visited February 2012