“Twice visited”

Ristorante Paparazzi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come experience English Harbour's only waterfront fine dining Italian restaurant! Located accross from Historical Nelson's dockyard "Ristorante Paparazzi" brings you incredible home-style Italian cuisine to our island paradise, where you can sit and enjoy the beautiful yachts and classic sailboats come and go day or night. We offer the freshest quality ingredients and a selection of the finest wines from Italy. Ristorante Paparazzi snaps all the right pictures ! We invite you to come and enjoy our amazing food and atmosphere at prices that will have you saying "magnifico" !! Bienvenuti !Ciao
Garstang, United Kingdom
“Twice visited”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate in this restaurant both times we anchored in English Harbour. It's very handy in the dinghy from the yacht. The staff were friendly and efficient and the owner made a point of speaking to the diners over the evening. The food was very good, I think the Caprese Salad was the best I've ever tasted. Prices were quite reasonable, particularly given the location, which was fabulous.

Only downside was the number of smokers doing their stuff whilst we were eating. I'm always caught out by this when visiting restaurants in some countries - I think yachties (which were the predominent clientele) must smoke more than other folks.

• Visited April 2013

West Des Moines, Iowa
“Fun atmosphere, awesome food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We trusted Diego and his wife Christina to select our dishes and we were not disappointed. They selected for our party of six a nice selection, starting with incredible pizza (half lamb, half shrimp), prosciutto and melon, then we had carbonara, clams and linguine, shrimp diablo, veal piccata, Mahi Mahi and everything was great. Diego provided a nice recommendation for wine that complemented everything nicely. I would suggest you go here if you're looking for a laid back atmosphere on the water with good food and good service.

Visited May 2013
christinataibi, Owner at Ristorante Paparazzi, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hello PgFoodie,

thank you so much for your reviews and comments, both Christina and I try our best to make sure our patrons receive only the highest standard of food and drink. it is clients/friends like yourself that make it all worth while. we had a great time with you guys here and expect to see you back in Antigua soon. thank you once again to you and your group for taking the time to being with us at paparazzi. cheers for now until we see you again. ciao
connecticut
“View spectacular, restaurant average”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaurant is in a great location, right on the harbor. You can see all the comings and goings with all the boats, crew, etc. I got a lobster salad that was quite expensive but was not too excited when it arrived. It was basically some lobster meat arranged on a garden salad - I mean the prepackaged kind. There were no tasty "finds" in the salad and was so BORING that I commented on the waitress about it. Next thing the owner came by and spoke to us (never mentioned my comment BTW) which was surprising since he was the person 10 feet away from me smoking a cigarette and not even bothering to put it out when our food came. I guess you can smoke in restaurants there but if you want to keep your customers happy, don't smoke next to them and fix your lobster salad and other food.

• Visited April 2013
christinataibi, Owner at Ristorante Paparazzi, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed the English Harbour. I am disappointed with your comments over the lobster citrus salad. The Lobster Citrus Salad is made with fresh lobster from our Seas. We do NOT carry any prepackaged lobster or fish for that matter. The salad you ordered is clearly explained on the menu - therefore, mixed salad with grapefruit/orange avocado with a fresh citrus dressing made on order. This dish is sold at 50$ EC or $18.50 US.- hardly expensive for fresh caught lobster. The fact that the waitress did not pass your comments to me is upsetting. I apologize for her disregarding your comments. I would have obviously seen to the problem had I been told. The Caribbean allows smoking anywhere and everywhere.......if you say I was ten feet away then that could not have been anywhere close to your table. There could have been a table right beside you with smokers at any time as we have no way in controlling this. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and hope to see you back again.

The Management
Toronto, Canada
“decent views and atmosphere; ok food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A group of us attended Paparazzi’s to end off our successes at the Antigua race week regatta. They were wonderful as they actually opened their dinnertime early for us so that we could attend various commitments (they opened at 5 instead of their normal 6:30 dinner time). We also had a bottle of rum which we wont at an event and they were kind enough to allow us to drink and enjoy it for pre-dinner drinks.
The service was good; they had a great variety of menu options: pizza’s, pasta’s etc. but they had about 3-4 times not available. I had the Palermo pizza; it was good but the sauce had very little taste. Some friends had the pasta’s and salads that looked tasty. The Patio had a great feel and view of nelsons harbor that was nice and relaxing.

I am not totally convinced that I would actually return to the restaurant based on food taste but as I always say try it out for yourself!

• Visited May 2013
christinataibi, Owner at Ristorante Paparazzi, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Matt,

Thank you sir, for your review. We appreciate all comments, and constructive critisism. You mentioned we did not not have some dishes available. This can sometimes happen on an island as a result of having to wait for imported goods to arrive. With respect to your visit at our restaurant; the issue was not that we were out of certain items; it was that we were in our "prepping time" and this included the items you are referring to. We made certain to advise you, upon your call, that we begin our diner sessions at 6:30 each evening but you insisted on a reservation beforehand. We accommodated your group of 12, and got you out on time for your evening trophy presentations. Your group arrived one and half hours before we actually open for dinner , therefore some of our main courses were not ready. We always appreciate our customers and always try our best to accomodate them any way we can. In addition, we helped your group with our water taxi service accross to your venue.

We are sad to hear/read your comments dispite our attempt to help your group - on a last minute reservation! Most people would be appreciative under the circumstances.......

regards
the management
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice... not realy Italian But...”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Price are very reasonable, the owner is a very good host.
The food was Ita-Amenrican Food... not so original But for price and value is good...
If you are in the area you must try

Visited April 2013