I stayed for a couple of nights whilst on business, room booked for by company. Would I stay here again? Yes.
My room was in main hotel building which is quite small, - a very nice place. Lots of history and ambience. Room had nice wooden floor, big double bed, white linen, fan in ceiling, old prints on walls.
Room was very clean, bathroom was a little small I remember, but adequate.
Internet worked better in reception than in room.
Restaurant area was outdoors, but covered. Very nice, with nice food, but very expensive food and drinks. Bowl of pasta was about 25-30USD. Although a few minutes walk from hotel are a few nice, cheaper restaurants.
Breakfast was a delight sitting in the restaurant area, overlooking the waterside. Food was great quality, but as I say, expensive. Glad my company was picking up the bill.
There are some attractions are a few minutes walk away, a nice little naval museum etc.
And opposite the hotel, a 1-minute boat ride across the water was another part of the hotel, Gunpowder, which was nice. Great wee pool, great view, great hamburgers.
All in all a pleasant place to stay, clean, nice, historic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, historic boutique hotel set in a secluded section of 18th century Nelson's Dockyard, offering casual elegance and friendly, personal service, provides the perfect backdrop for relaxation, romance, special events and being active if you choose.The 23 rooms and suites are housed in 4 historic buildings on the waterfront and a headland 100 yards across the bay. The hotel offers a small non-swimming beach, spectacular infinity edged pool, a spa and two excellent open-air restaurants, Pillars and Boom. There is a complimentary boat shuttle to the swimming beach in Freeman's Bay and kayaks to explore the harbour. The perfect hotel for relaxing in peace and quiet or for finding plenty of activities (sailing, scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling, yoga) and fun (several restaurants and nightlife) only 5 - 10 minutes away. A great spot for honeymoons and weddings for 2 to 200. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Admiral`s Hotel Nelson`s Dockyard National Park
- Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites Antigua/English Harbour