As we were unable to continue our stay at a nearby hotel we were subsequently very fortunate to find room at the Admirals Inn on Christmas Eve for two nights.
This historic building is set in the heart of Nelsons dockyard, off English Harbour in a protected area designated as a national park. The hotel incorporates several of the historic dockyard buildings. My wife and I stayed in the Joiners Loft at the Woodstore and my mother-in-law stayed in one of the more traditional rooms within the Inn.
Both rooms oozed character ie, window shutters, exposed roof trusses and wood plank floors.The Joiners Loft is situated at the waters edge and boasts a large open sided apex providing outstanding vistas over the harbour.
There is a private boat to ferry guests to the Inn's private pool and beach.
Their intimate restaurant serves fine food and I have reviewed this separately under restaurants.
I must say that I would recommend The Admirals Inn , it is reasonably priced and well placed for all the local attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, historic boutique hotel set in a secluded section of 18th century Nelson's Dockyard, offering casual elegance and friendly, personal service, provides the perfect backdrop for relaxation, romance, special events and being active if you choose.The 23 rooms and suites are housed in 4 historic buildings on the waterfront and a headland 100 yards across the bay. The hotel offers a small non-swimming beach, spectacular infinity edged pool, a spa and two excellent open-air restaurants, Pillars and Boom. There is a complimentary boat shuttle to the swimming beach in Freeman's Bay and kayaks to explore the harbour. The perfect hotel for relaxing in peace and quiet or for finding plenty of activities (sailing, scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling, yoga) and fun (several restaurants and nightlife) only 5 - 10 minutes away. A great spot for honeymoons and weddings for 2 to 200. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Admiral`s Hotel Nelson`s Dockyard National Park
- Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites Antigua/English Harbour