My wife and I just spent five days / four nights at the Admiral's Inn. It was a GREAT experience and we cannot wait to return. Here are all the pros and cons of the entire experience: PROs: (1) the Admiral's Inn is perfectly located on the water in English Harbor. It's a quaint old building which feels more like a B&B than all of the mega resorts on the island. Tons of charm. Not at all cookie cutter. (2) the service was FANTASTIC. The entire staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. Anything we needed was promptly attended to (reservations, arranging water taxis and excursions, directions, coffee, etc). Kemlin (one of the women who mans the front desk) was particularly helpful. (3) at ~$200/night, our room (room 1) was a fantastic value relative to the mega-resorts which cost +$1,000/night. (4) they're constructing a pool nearby which will be a great addition overlooking the harbor when complete. CONs: (1) there aren't any windows, only screened-in shutters. This did not bother us at all (AC still worked great) although light sleepers won't like the noise on a Saturday nights when some of the neighboring restaurants play music later in the evening (2) the beds and the bathrooms could be upgraded, but then they'd probably charge a lot more (3) you can get to two very nice nearby beaches easily enough, but you'll probably want a rental car to get around the island.
Overall, we would definitely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, historic boutique hotel set in a secluded section of 18th century Nelson's Dockyard, offering casual elegance and friendly, personal service, provides the perfect backdrop for relaxation, romance, special events and being active if you choose.The 23 rooms and suites are housed in 4 historic buildings on the waterfront and a headland 100 yards across the bay. The hotel offers a small non-swimming beach, spectacular infinity edged pool, a spa and two excellent open-air restaurants, Pillars and Boom. There is a complimentary boat shuttle to the swimming beach in Freeman's Bay and kayaks to explore the harbour. The perfect hotel for relaxing in peace and quiet or for finding plenty of activities (sailing, scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling, yoga) and fun (several restaurants and nightlife) only 5 - 10 minutes away. A great spot for honeymoons and weddings for 2 to 200. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Admiral`s Hotel Nelson`s Dockyard National Park
- Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites Antigua/English Harbour