I stayed here for a week The hotel was beautiful, steeped in history and the rooms had beautiful views over the marina. The room was very clean, comfortable beds and cleaned everyday. I had breakfast everyday on the terrace whilst picking up my emails with the free wifi. The biggest surprise was the food served in the evening, which was fantastic...fresh local produce with a oriental twist. Reggie, the resident bartender, his cocktails are legendary! Cyril runs the free water taxi over to the Galley beach and if your lucky he shows you the local turtle that swims up to see him each day! Gina and the girls on reception were so helpful and lovely. The hotel is a short walk away from local restaurants, they are typical Caribbean buildings, they do look a bit worse for ware during the day but the food in every one was amazing, really good quality at night and so much prettier with all the lights. If you need to be close to English Harbour or Falmouth this is the only place to stay and if you are visiting Antigua just for a holiday I would highly recommend the Admiral's Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming, historic boutique hotel set in a secluded section of 18th century Nelson's Dockyard, offering casual elegance and friendly, personal service, provides the perfect backdrop for relaxation, romance, special events and being active if you choose.The 23 rooms and suites are housed in 4 historic buildings on the waterfront and a headland 100 yards across the bay. The hotel offers a small non-swimming beach, spectacular infinity edged pool, a spa and two excellent open-air restaurants, Pillars and Boom. There is a complimentary boat shuttle to the swimming beach in Freeman's Bay and kayaks to explore the harbour. The perfect hotel for relaxing in peace and quiet or for finding plenty of activities (sailing, scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling, yoga) and fun (several restaurants and nightlife) only 5 - 10 minutes away. A great spot for honeymoons and weddings for 2 to 200. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Admiral`s Hotel Nelson`s Dockyard National Park
- Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites Antigua/English Harbour