My wife and I just returned from 4 days at the Inn at English Harbor - we needed a quiet, stress-free environment to detox after a very tough year. We found the Inn to be the ideal place - of course, February in the Caribbean is hard to beat for perfect weather. Although this was our first time in Antigua, we are well traveled in the US, Europe, Africa, and the Far East. We have stayed in all levels of lodging. I am an accomplished cook with high expectations for restaurant food. Our stay at the Inn exceeded our every expectation - isolated and very quiet location/beach; polished, attentive, unobtrusive staff; beautifully kept grounds/pool/beach; well prepared, delicious meals/drinks. Our suite, with three doors that opened onto a patio that overlooked a meticulously groomed garden, had an understated colonial charm. The room was spotless, comfortable, and helpfully appointed with several items to enhance our enjoyment, including good tea, fluffy robes, and nice toiletries. Every staff member we met, the groundskeepers, maids, hostesses, bartenders, servers, managers, cooks, and desk attendants were friendly, polite, and helpful to a fault; no request went unanswered. The atmosphere is quiet, calm, and restful. The location is picturesque, on a small cove with sailing yachts at anchor, surrounded by tropical hills - an uncrowded beach with soft sand, gentle surf - perfect for swimming, tanning, reading, sharing a peaceful drink or meal. Breakfast and lunch are served beach-side amidst palm tress and lulling waves; dinner is served on an elegant stone patio, up the hill overlooking the entire harbor area - a breathtaking scene with a great wine list. After the second day at the Inn I literally felt the stress melt out of my body. We could not have asked for a more perfect environment to rest and refocus. Do not come here for a party - there are other places a short drive away for those activities if you want them - come here to take off your watch, turn off your cell phone, leave off the TV, put off your shoes, and get your life back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a postcard-lovely bay on the island of Antigua, this split-level resort features a hilltop building overlooking English Harbour and the picturesque waters of the Caribbean Sea. The Hotel has its own white sandy beach, with a small but lovely private dock. Clear emerald blue waters are encompassed by the magnificently lush green landscape of the surrounding hills. This semi-enclosure induces a feeling of privacy and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Inn at English Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At English Harbour Hotel English Harbour
- Hotel At English Harbour
- At English Harbour Hotel
- The Inn At English Harbour Antigua