“A special day out”
Review of Miramar Sailing

Miramar Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Miramar Sailing offers Private & Exclusive Day Sailing, Caribbean Sailing Holidays, and RYA Recognised training courses from its base in Jolly Harbour. Our private 47ft. Classic Ketch, "Hawnalea", with Captain Kevin and crew, will "Make Your Day Special". Hawnalea is not a "party boat" and she will be "yours for the day". She can accommodate up to 12 guests. Our monohulls "Miramar", "Phoenix" & "Danae", with Brian & Pippa, offer extended cruising holidays and RYA approved training, throughout the Caribbean for up to 4 guests or students.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We took the 2 person special and weren't disappointed. I'm a regular sailor and Sharon sails in warm climates so we knew what to expect. But this was special. What a beautiful boat - a pleasure to helm and well maintained. Kevin and Tyler were a great team and kept us occupied, amused and interested. Kevin was great at giving Sharon the confidence she needed to go snorkelling over the reef. And the conch shells Tyler found are now decorating our porch. The food and drink were plentiful and the hospitality first class. Highly recommended and we would love to do it again.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I've done several sailing trips in Antigua. I haven't reviewed them all as I believe if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. However, the sailing day I shared with my friends yesterday was off the scale amazing. Such a fun time with Capt Kevin (photo) and his crew who welcomed us with open arms and gave us the sail of our lives. We opted to spend more time sailing than snorkling and then anchored off Turners Beach for a lovely lunch. More sailing, drinking and laughing in the afternoon and the hours went far too quickly. Can't wait to do it again, we're already talking about taking the trip again next week. What better recommendation. If you're lucky enough to be visiting Antigua this is a day not to be missed. A complete joy from the booking of trip onwards. Miramar and Captain Kenny are FIVE STAR PLUS!

Miramarsailing465, Owner at Miramar Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thanks Sue! What can we say? A brilliant review to go with what was clearly a brilliant day. WE are all extremely grateful you took the time to write it.
The Miramar Team

Reviewed May 13, 2013

At the end of March 2013, my wife, friends and I did the Competent Crew (RYA) course with Pippa aboard the Miramar (one of their monohull sailing cruisers). Pippa is very personable, knowledgeable (decades of experience!!), and an excellent instructor. We're already thinking of going back next year to do another course.

Highlights of the trip included English Harbour, swimming and snorkeling every day, circumnavigating Antigua, and going places the big cruise ships and mega-yachts can't get to. Pippa has been living and sailing around Antigua for years, so was able to fill us in on a lot of local information. Brian and Pippa also helped organize components of our land-based stay following course completion.

Thank you guys, it was a pleasure hosting your trip. We look forward to the next one.
Kind regards
The Miramar Team

Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you are looking for a wonderful day on the water, charter a boat through Miramar. We had a wonderful cruise with Captain Kevin. We motored, we sailed, we swam, we ate and we had fun. Kevin is a knowledgable, experienced sailor who goes out of his way to make your day enjoyable.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have known Miramar Sailing for some years, we have chartered a days sailing with Miramar several times with family & friends and we have never been disappointed,

This April My close friends arranged a surprise present for myself and family to spend a day with Captain Kevin & Tyler, I would like to thank them both for a really memorable day, first class sailing by a first class Captain,

I had already booked for Myself & my wife Kerry to complete our RYA Competent Crew Course, with Miramar Sailing,

Our skipper Ian, was most knowledgeable and made us feel at ease from the beginning, safety was paramount, and his instruction was easy to follow and understand.

We would like to thank Ian, Brian and Pippa, and I look forward to coming back to complete my practical day skipper with Ian soon.

David & Kerry Thompson

1  Thank DThompson700
Miramarsailing465, Owner at Miramar Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Hi Dave & Kerry. Good friends as always. Your review is much appreciated. Safe sailing.
Many thanks from all of us.