“Great overview of Deep Bay at an excellent price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn La Galleria

Inn La Galleria
Ranked #7 of 15 St. John's B&B and Inns
Radium Hot Springs, Canada
“Great overview of Deep Bay at an excellent price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We extended our stay here to 15 nights after we found a great location away from the busy capital of St John's. With our car rental, the shops in town were only 10 minutes away. You can walk to Deep Bay beach which takes 12-15 minutes. The hotel has a restaurant if you like to dine. Or, if you like to cook yourself, request one of the 5 kitchenette units. Two decks overlook the bay on which you can relax/dine. Best sunsets are on the beach, but also good on the deck - the trees blocked the final decent into the ocean (last 5 minutes). We enjoyed our stay and the staff were friendly and helpful in meeting our needs. Our room had A/C , satellite TV, a big fridge and an oven.

We checked out most of the beaches on Antigua and found this one to be the best for quiet enjoyment and long stretches all to yourself. We found Jolly and Dickensen bay beaches to be very busy. Like many beaches, access was on a gradual slope with deep swimming close to shore. There were no reefs or protuding rocks, calm on most days. At the end of the beach is Fort Barrington. You can hike up on your own; there is a clear path to the top.

Room Tip: If you are a budget traveller, request a kitchenette.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alf5688

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for three weeks. The accomodations are basic, but quite acceptable as long as you're not expecting the "Ritz". We stayed in room #11, which we thought was the most spacious, with queen bed, sofa, full kitchen with table, which allowed us to cook in, if we decided to cook in rather than eat out. The view from here is spectacular, overlooking the entracne to the harbor, where one can watch the cruise ships enter and depart. Staff was accomodating and helpful. We had breakfast one morning and it was good. There is one of the best beaches (at Deep Bay) that is within walking distance...always calm waters...stop and see Jackie for a tee shirt of jewelry. Also, on Thursday and Sunday nights, a local young man has a BBQ. My wife and I had a chicken dinner and a red snapper dinner, both for $11US or $30EC. Very good! The biggest negative were the mosquitoes in the evening.

Room Tip: Room #12 is the biggest and best. Room #11 has an outdoor kitchen. Other rooms are adequate, but sm...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jama1991
Nags Head, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I originally picked this place based on price, but I return because I love it. It's quiet and the staff couldn't be more helpful. The breakfast is wonderful and the view is spectacular. Each room has it's own personality. Most are quite large. The rooms and baths are always clean. The room with the outdoor kitchen is great if you're with a group. The nearest beach is Deep Bay, which I love for it's wide beach and gentle surf. This is a family run place and it feels more like a home away from home than a hotel. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeanne S
Central Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

The best feature of this hotel is the spectacular view from the open air dining area and the lower level terrace. It was exhilirating for meals and meetings, as I was there with a group for a small conference. My room was just up from the inside lounge area, and it was spacious with a lovely view but there is quite a mix of rooms. Bedrooms are air-conditioned but the main dining and meeting area is not; overhead fans helped. This is basically a large bed and breakfast place so it does not have the amenities of a real hotel; beds are not great and towels and pillow low standard. However, the staff are very accommodating, the cost is reasonable, and there is free wi-fi all over the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the front rooms with a view of the Caribbean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Penny W
Trinidad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I recently stayed here with a friend, and we shared a room with 2 beds downstairs. I agree with some views that some of the common areas of the hotel are quite dowdy and a bit dusty/old. The room itself however, I was pleasantly surprised. They were quite clean and neat. True the sheets were thin, the pillows not fluffy, and the towels old. We were skeptical at first but I have to say there were absolutely no complaints as to the CLEANLINESS of the room as that really was our biggest concern. It was spotless. The rooms are all airconditioned and have a TV (although we didn't use). Our bathroom was VERY spacious.

Pros:
- very clean rooms
- even the common kitchen area was spotless (but there were not many ppl staying there at the time)
- FREE FAST wifi!
- rooms are cleaned every day (much to our surprise)
- VERY friendly staff. customer service a plus. For this reason alone I would stay here.
- there are great views from the upstairs eating area and there is a beautiful downstairs open patio area with amazing views

Cons:
- a bit out of the way location, but very do-able by car (we rented)
- place felt a bit old
- you should probably bring your own towel
- electrical outlets in the room scarce
- would not want to stay in the room we got (no. 12) downstairs near the kitchen, as the room is DIRECTLY outside the common kitchen area and you hear everything someone is doing. We were lucky because not many people were staying there at the time so noise was low.

Summary
You aren't going to get better than this for the price. Also Gregory is very pleasant and accommodated our needs and requests. When staying at a place fancy or basic, customer service and cleanliness is the biggest concern for me and this place scored both.

Room Tip: Do not choose room no 12 near the kitchen if the guest house is busy as it gets very noisy with kitc...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank dpurpleorange
St. John's, Antigua
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I am Antiguan and I chose this quaint lil Inn based on the fact that I wasn't planning to spend much time in the room w/ my bf as we had a lot of activities planned to tour the Island. The pictures looked nice enough on the website and the price was pretty decent so I was sold. Oh what disaster! The cobwebs, the filth was OH MY GAWD awful! When you walk up the reception area there was a table a little way over that was just flat out DIRTY! I could not imagine why no one thought to clean it. The sheets on the foam bed were paper thin and the pillows - oh the pillows! We had a double bed w/ an additional single bed placed awkwardly in the room. The curtains were mildewed. However the bathroom was nice and clean so I must give them that. No toilet paper were in there tho :o Breakfast was lovely. I cannot take that away from them but no matter how many times my bf said, "as long as we are together it doesn't matter" I could not stay there longer than one night. The next day I called Gregory into the room and showed him the picture on the website and told him that the room looks nothing like it and so he agreed to refund us and have us leave. I saw some pics here of other rooms so they probably do have much nicer rooms but they surely can clean up the place a little bit man!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nekisha L

Travelers are raving about these St. John's hotels

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a week here at the start of April 2012. We had a fantastic time. The hotel has a fine outlook (sunsets) with nice green surrounding garden. It is located very close to what is probably the most beautiful and deserted beach on the island (Deep Bay - complete with the opportunity to snorkel around a sunken ship).
The room was basic but clean and bright (perhaps the mattress was a little saggy). The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
If you want top-end luxury, then possibly its not the place for you, but if you want somewhere more relaxed and friendly, then it is exceptionally good value.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a window. Someone said that not all rooms had them (although we never saw such a th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 7 in Saint Mary's
Ocean Point Resort & Spa
Ocean Point Resort & Spa
#4 of 15 in St. John's

Been to Inn La Galleria? Share your experiences!