“A great addition to Falmouth Harbour”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Sushi

Club Sushi
Ranked #32 of 102 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Club Sushi is Antigua's new Culinary delight adding Japanese flavours to the vibrant fabric of Restaurants in English Harbour.
London, United Kingdom
“A great addition to Falmouth Harbour”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Upstairs at the yacht club, but anyone can go there. It has a fantastic outlook from its broad terrace and the food is excellent. Not just sushi/sushimi, also serves chicken and beef dishes.....all really good. This is a largely undiscovered gem.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mervyn G

Antigua
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't even get my butt at a table!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The other day, a friend and I decided to go to Club Sushi on the "All You Can Eat for $80" night. On the poster (https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/71464_287155514742642_764236164_n.jpg) is the time 5pm to 11pm. This is a very important detail. On the night in question my friend finished work at 9 and she got ready in 20 minutes. I was already in her house waiting at this time. We left her house and it took us about 15 minutes to get there. We got to Cub Sushi around 9:45 pm.

So when we got in there it was really busy and a waiter didn't address us immediately. We said Ok well fine it's busy so we sought out a waiter. We found a young lady at a table taking the order of a table full of what would appear to be tourists. We stood up behind her and she ignored us completely. She walked AROUND us to go to the computer to punch in the orders. So we addressed her.

"Excuse me ma'am where should we go and sit?"
"The kitchen closes at 10. We're not taking any more orders."

At this point in time, I'm speechless. My friend points out that on the poster (which is incidentally hanging up in the restaurant) it says that it is from 5pm to 11pm. She says yes but the kitchen closes at 10, and she can't help us and she isn't taking any more orders. My friend asks to speak to the manager. At this point Miss Lady catches attitude, rolls her neck and informs us that she is the manager and there is still nothing she can do. She acknowledged that perhaps the poster is misleading and that she will fix it. This was two weeks ago and the poster is still on their facebook page.

I left feeling distinctly wrong footed and wondered if I was wrong to expect them to take orders until 11. I called five other restaurants to do some research (the Larder for instance Open Monday to Friday 7am-9:30pm. 9:30 is when they take their last order) and for all of them the times listed on their websites is when they took their last order. I'm annoyed. I didn't know my money wasn't good enough for English Harbour.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DreadEmpress
St. John's, Antigua
“Don't expect authentic sushi”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We went to this new restaurant on a Wednesday night for dinner. Being from California, we know what good, authentic sushi tastes like, and this did not meet expectations. The rice for the rolls was not round, sticky sushi rice so they fell apart. The shrimp tempura was more like battered shrimp. The edamame had absolutely no salt. The lone waitress was quick and friendly, but she took away my husband's drink before he had finished it. He was eating, and reached for it--but it was gone! Atmosphere is nice enough with good view of the megayachts, but dining area was relatively deserted so I don't know what the noise level would be like when it was busy.

• Visited January 2014