“Great Dinner!”

The Blu Pineapple Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Blu Pineapple Restaurant Is Closed. Please Refer To Nigels Restaurant And Bar For Details On The Restaurant Now Located In This Space
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Now called Nigel's, this restaurant was recommended by a local. 6 of us went for dinner and Nigel the chef came out and introduced himself. We asked him what he recommended and he said he would cook us up some lobster tails. He took the meat out, cooked it up with some curry seasoning cream sauce and put it back in the lobster tail shell. Very good! It's nice the chef is the owner so always great when something special gets cooked up with love. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed March 14, 2016

Just to confirm a previous reviewer highlighting the name change from Blu Pineapple to Nigel's Restaurant and Bar. Chose the place as somewhere to celebrate my birthday. It may sound flowery, but from the moment my five guests and I stepped into the place, one could feel the positive vibes going on. You are hit with a relaxed, laid back atmosphere where one could shut out the rest of the world for a few hours. We were shown to our table and the serving staff took our food and drink orders from a comprehensive menu and wine list catering for virtually all tastes. First drinks, cocktails which were delicious and then our starters which came promptly, beautifully prepared and presented and ample portions. Then an appropriate gap before our mains arrived. Nice to see that all the meals came at once without anyone having to play catch-up. The staff were attentive to our needs and well being but without continually hovering around us. Everyone of us, enjoyed what they had ordered, and apart from the obligatory picture of all of us at table, two of my guests actually took pictures of the meals. We had a time-out before going for the desserts, coffees and liqueurs. In this time, the owner, Nigel introduced himself and we invited him to our table and after chatting with him, he produced a guitar and began an impromptu cabaret of Eric Clapton and Elton John songs. For my guests and I, this was a wonderful end to a beautiful evening. To say that we left Nigel's in a state of euphoria. For me, as it was my birthday, it was definitely a memorable one. All aspects of our visit were more than met. Not one complaint whatsoever! And this is just my account based on one visit. Two of my friends were fortunate to go back two evenings later, and that had the same excellent experience in different company with the music too!

Reviewed March 26, 2015

We decided to take a break from our all-inclusive deal at Halcyon Cove and have our last meal here.

It was fabulous!

I had the Antiguan Fish Water starter - not the best name, I admit but it was every bit as good as a good bouillabaisse.

Strongly recommend the ribs - delicious.

As for the puds - eat away and enjoy!

Not expensive. Great ambiance. Great food!

4  Thank Tony P
Reviewed February 26, 2015

Following a recent change of ownership the restaurant has changed its name although Nigel the former chef is the new owner. Everything is just as you would expect it, authentically Caribbean, brilliant pizzas and an enthusiastic welcome for guests. I simply hope that Nigel and his team have the time to put up some bright lights to welcome people at night, otherwise it does appear rather quiet which is a pity since it is one of the leading places to eat in Dickinson Bay outside the major resorts.

2  Thank JamesFRICS
Shauna J, Owner at The Blu Pineapple Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2015

Dear JamesFRICS,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. However, Nigel's restaurant, although owned by our previous chef, is not in any way affiliated with The Blu Pineapple. This review would probably best be served on his TripAdvisor page as the management, the menu, the hours and the staff are different than The Blu Pineapple was. The Blu Pineapple Restaurant and Bar is effectively CLOSED for the meantime, and should we wish to reopen in a different location we would prefer to have only reviews from our establishment on this page.

Thank you again and all the best to the staff at Nigels.

Shauna Janzen

Reviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile

I came there back in march for my birthday with 2 friends and it was fantastic...from calling to make the reservation to the calling me back to verify what i wanted...the owner, Shana she is such a sweetheart...and that you dont normally see with pregnant people...from arrival of the restaurant she was very hospitable, during the meal she kept up to tabs with how he were....the food was amazing great choices and the desert was orgasmic yes guys it was that good...Antiguan style bread pudding with amaretto rum sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream...the bartender at the time was pretty snobby...but the rest for the staff made up for that everyone including the dish washer who i met on my was to the ladies room was so amazing...keep doing an amazing job guys and definitely will be seeing you pretty soon.....thanks for that evening

1  Thank teresa s