“High Class Shooting Ground”
Review of Reservoir Range

Reservoir Range
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in St. John's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The most activities on the island of Antigua in one place! Enjoy, PAINTBALL, CLAYS PIGEON, HAND GUNS SHOOTING(SOON),AIR GUNS, ARCHERY, MOUNTAIN BIKING RENTAL. Enjoy the beautiful clubhouse set in 44 acres of stunning countryside. Free activities include Ping Pong, Air Hockey, Table Football and Darts. Potworks Dam , the best and unique outdoor activity centre.
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“High Class Shooting Ground”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Familiar with Sporting Clay Pigeon shoots accross the UK we did' not expect much of the new facilitiy pioneered in the Eastern Carebbean by Geremey Thomas - how wrong can you be; a fabulous modern ground with more than 30 electronic traps and state of the art equipment and tuition.

Visited February 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

There is nothing to dislike, Fun.fun all the way!!

1 Thank Linda1404
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great fun, great instructor- anybody could do this!”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I wasn't sure I'd like this. The only thing I'd shot was photos. So I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy every minute. This was largely down to fanatstic facilities and guidance from Geremy, the owner/instructor. I may have been a novice but I hit half of what I aimed at. All aspects of safety and comfort have been carefully thought through including ear mufflers and shaded seating areas to watch friends take their turn. Highly recommended.

Antigua
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great entertainment in beautiful landscape”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Antigua Clay is a new attraction and all of us are complete beginners, so had no idea what to expect. On arrival we were first served a drink at the stunning club house and bar and then went off with Will, our instructor for the session. Will was excellent, very patient, observant and knew how to encourage us even when we missed the targets. Under his guidance we all started to understand how to improve our technique. It was a great morning and I can recommend this experience to anyone looking for something different in Antigua. We will definitely go back.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrific outing combining concentration, skill, exhilaration, and just plain fun!”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Had a terrific outing to Antigua Clays with two former college buddies of mine. We were guided through the course by Antigua Clay's affable owner and expert guide, Geremy Thomas. Geremy leads a staff of instructors, each schooled in the craft of clay shooting, and it is apparent from the outset that top priority has been given to participant safety ...from the layout of the course, to the safety cages from which you shoot, to the reassuring hand that reaches over your shoulder at the appropriate moment to release the safety latch on their low recoil shotguns. You begin and end your outing at the newly constructed shooting lodge, which sits atop a bluff overlooking the Atiguan countryside. The "course" stretches out over 30 acres of wooded countryside. You are on an island in the caribbean but you feel as if you could be in a wooded grove in England, or New England (minus the uncertain weather of course).

During our outing we were greeted with predictable caribbean clear blue skies and temps in the low 80's. The 12 station course elicited in me similarities to a golf course... for like golf, each station (hole) offers a varying range of challenges -- clays flying away from you - or toward you, right to left, left to right, ascending, descending --each requiring varied approaches on how best to hit the target. In our experience (a party of 3, all novices) each challenge was met with varying degrees of success. Prior to this outing, I had a single target shooting experience, (some 35 yrs. ago) but I was still able to muster a moderate challenge to wining a prize ( a nice bottle of Antiguan rum) going 4 for 4 before missing at a station that required 8 of 10 hits. Needless to say, my disappointment was shared equally by my 2 buddies. The course caters to all levels, from teenagers looking for a first memorable shooting experience to experts looking to be challenged at the highest levels. All in all, it was a terrific outing...a combination of concentration, skill, exhilaration, and just plain fun!