“Make time to visit Nicky at Table D'hote, Antigua.”

Nickys Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #30 of 107 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Nickys Restaurant & Bar Experience dining at Nickys. Enjoy simple freshly prepared Dinner in the romantic garden which is unique and different. We are open Mondays to Saturday for dinner only. Please call for reservations, directions (if needed), and for any inquiries. TABLE D'HOTE COTTAGES Authentic West Indian influences in the design of our three (3) beautiful cottages which provides a great base from which to discover Antigua. Fitted to the highest standards and built with your comfort in mind, these cottages are adorable,and are surrounded by a tropical garden at Table D'Hote. Rates are affordable, and for those wanting more relaxation, Breakfast or Dinner can be included. CONSIST OF: -Modern rooms styled with beautiful colors. -One bedroom with a queen size bed. -Bathroom -Full kitchenettes. - Air-conditioning for your added comfort - Living room which opens out onto a large patio -Television -Dining table and chairs -WIFI connection
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have a long history of visiting Antigua so to have found somewhere new to me and excellent is a welcome change. Make sure you take the time to visit this beautiful restaurant in the exquisite garden of Nicky Lucas's family home. The place is beautiful, the food is diverse and scrumptious and your host is one of the nicest and most hospitable ladies you could find anywhere. Lunch or evening meal you will want to keep coming back for more. I ate there so many times during my stay I cannot single out any of the dishes as I enjoyed them all although the Greek Salad and the Roast Pork have just sprung to mind... the special Apple dessert... the wonderful bread and the spicy dip... and I could go on and on.
The garden setting with its fairy lights and billowing curtains give an atmosphere of serenity and the music is muted and adds to the general ambiance of elegant tropical dining. This would make an excellent party or wedding venue. There are cottages in the grounds so you can actually stay at Table D'hote and once you have visited you will want to!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had my birthday dinner here with my partner and we both enjoyed. The table we were originally seated at did not have very comfortable chairs, however our host quickly allowed us to sit elsewhere with different chairs and all was well from then.

For starters I had the Greek salad and he had the crab cakes; both were excellent! Entrees we had fish and curry chicken while not as wonderful as the starters both were still pretty good. Didn't have dessert but I would definitely return.
The setting is lovely; the separating drapes help to make it feel very intimate. The hosts were great: just the right combination of helpful but still giving you room to breathe to enjoy your meal.
There is a homemade sauce/dip that came with the rolls which was absolutely divine. A bit strong/lingering but very flavourful.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I almost don't want to tell you about this place because I know it will become more difficult to get a table. It's already difficult enough. If you want privacy and good food at reasonable prices this is an excellent place to go. With only 6 tables separated by white screen you are served at what is a home, hotel, and restaurant. I enjoyed the garlic shrimp, tasted the seafood pasta and enjoyed that too, also try the crab cake appetizer very tasty. The portions are just the right size, no too much and not too little, and the prices are perfect.
Okay so now you know my secret hideout, but you won't see me there since I get my own space and you get yours. Reservations are a must, don't even think about showing up without one.
This is outdoors so instead of your favourite perfume I would suggest a dab of Off behind each ear.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Table D'Hôte is beautifully run and managed by the owner whom welcomes each of her guests personally and by name. The menu ranges from seafood dishes to chicken, pork and pasta. Guests are welcomed with warm dinner rolls and a great green pesto dip. The warm apple with ice cream dessert is a must and the cherry cheesecake cannot be ignored.
There is also good variety of wines, cocktails, beers and non-alcoholic drinks including various fruit juices and crushes.
The service is prompt and attentive. Collin a very charming scott's man whom was serving us was very happy to offer advice and recommend drinks/wine/beer which would blend well with our main course orders.
To add to it's great food, the ambiance is very uniquely set by individual "tents" with the most beautiful lights all around. The tents make the dining experience very private and comforting.
Table D'Hôte should definitely be part of one's itinerary either for lunch or dinner when visiting Antigua. It is highly recommended to book a table in advance in order to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nicki has created a wonderful ambience in her beautiful garden restaurant. Nicki is a brilliant host - she really knows how to make you feel welcome and relaxed just as soon as you step on to her terrace to enjoy an aperitif from the well stocked bar. The menu is short and seasonal but that means that everything is wonderfully fresh and dishes are so well executed that you are pleased not to have to agonise over a long menu - you can select anything at Table d'Hote and be certain that it will be great. There is a short but well chosen wine list which you can afford to indulge in because the prices across the board at this refreshingly different dining experience are more than reasonable. Well worth seeking out and visiting at least once if you are vacationing in Antigua.