“The best find in Antigua” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of C&C Wine Bar

C&C Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“The best find in Antigua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Stunning tapas food especially the breadcrumb and coconut deep fried prawns - yummy
The mainly South African wine list is great and a last night out in St Johns we managed 3 bottles of wine and so much food all at £60 for two !!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank GolferLondon

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing little find in St Johns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stopped here yesterday for a glass of wine. Lovely warm welcome and such great ambience. Me my husband only wanted one but ended up having a bottle and a half with some great food. Coconut shirmp highly recomended. I think it was the owner who recomended a really good wine and it's was very reasonable. Only a couple of hours earlier we spent the equivalent at a local cafe for some chips and two half a largers!!

Again great little place I'm so pleased we stumbled on and just had to get on here and share

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Delorezl
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

You must come here! We popped in for a glass of wine and stayed chatting with owner for ages! We decided to come back the following week and try the food - absolutely gorgeous!! We had the prawn and salmon pasta, between 3 of us and chips!! Go there!

Visited August 2013
ST.JOHN'S ANTIGUA
“Great wine and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

i was introduced to this place by a friend , and i must admit i was not much for wines.. but the selection of South African wines are excellent . The food is delicious and the service is good. It is a nice place to relax and chat with an old friend or a new love .

• Visited July 2013
St. John's, Antigua
“Not great but decent eatery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Decided to try the popular lasagna night. The lasagna was good but very overrated. I have had better lasagna from the supermarket deli and of course homemade from friends and relatives. I may return to the restaurant but it would not be for the lasagna. The accompanying bread was a bit burnt but it was useful as the lasagna is of the runny variety.

I ordered olives as a starter; I had two but could not manage anymore as they were exceptionally salty. I informed the waitress and asked her to remove it from the table as I would not be having any more. She apologised politely and was shocked as she said it came straight out of the packet--that shocked me as I had assumed some level of freshness and kitchen prepared flavouring,not just store bought to be thrust onto the plate. I am a fan of olives but I could not eat these. We were still charged for it.

Partner and I shared the chicken wings which came with a spicy honey sauce. The wings were divine and I really enjoyed them: the best part of the meal. Wine was pretty good also.

The service for the night was excellent I must say though. It was a full house but we didn't have to wait too long at any point to get attention.

Pro tips: a) book well in advance if you wish to try the lasagna night but don't get your expectations too high on the taste. b) choose a table that does not have metal fold out chairs. My bum started to hurt by the time I was halfway through my lasagna.

• Visited August 2013